Author Topic: Door lock faulty actuator  (Read 1517 times)

akh48

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Brilliant Sporty Blue Jazz SE 2016
Door lock faulty actuator
« on: April 25, 2019, 06:46:33 PM »
Has anyone else had issues with door locks failing?

I have had my car just over 2 years, it will be 3 years old in September and my driver's door lock failed in Jan/Feb this year.  Due to similar issues with previous Jazz I recognised the issue and the garage confirmed it was the actuator and replaced the lock under warranty.

Within weeks the front passenger's door lock has now failed, slightly different issues due to not being able to open/lock with key, it is quite embarrassing when I have a passenger, but I suspect it is the actuator again and it is due in the garage next week to be diagnosed.

With my previous model Jazz (2009) I must have had at least a dozen door lock actuators replaced over a 5 year period.  The garage were so good and never charged me even when out of warranty, neither did Honda, I think partly because they were so embarrassed with the amount of times the locks/replaced locks failed.  The last time all 4 were replaced at same time and just as I began to think it was fixed the signs started again and I traded in for a newer model as could not go through it again and yet now here I am with the same issue just a newer car.  Unfortunately, previous garage closed so have to visit a different branch and not sure they will be as accommodating as the old one was.

Can I really be so unlucky :(

akh48

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Brilliant Sporty Blue Jazz SE 2016
Re: Door lock faulty actuator
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 10:02:44 PM »
Car diagnosed with 2 faulty door actuators today which will be replaced under warranty but not until the end of the month as that is the first time they can fit me in. 

They also found 2 leaks on my air con which was not blowing ice cold any more. I asked them to check whilst they had it and they are covered by warranty too.

Frank C

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 auto EX
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 09:16:39 PM »
Hi, I have recently bought a 2015 year model Jazz EX auto. I have got the same door locking issues whereupon the passenger doors, front and rear keeping jamming erratically. It is definitely a safety worry as you cannot unlock the door no matter what and very embarrassing when being a passenger means you have to climb in and out through the offside. Our car bought secondhand has been like this  :( :( :(since the 1st day we had the car and has been backwards and forwards to Honda to get the issued fixed. It is now the 5th time it’s gone back.
 This is the reason I joined the forum today to try and find out what is wrong with this car.
Have you still got yours and is the fault fixed now? I do believe it may be the actuator as the probable cause searching on the internet. We do like this car but not expecting faults like this on a Honda when their reputation has always been so good.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 09:46:23 AM »
I hope this doesn't happen to me as I have a disabled wife who won't be climbing anywhere if the passenger door lock fails.
Hope you both get it sorted, let us know how you get on.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Tags: