Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by stiggysawdust on April 12, 2024, 11:52:14 PM »
Hi everyone, So far I've not been affected but I really hope Honda do the right thing and sort out  this ridiculous situation quickly.
I have to say I am rather worried that my Jazz will be affected as I took delivery in November 2020, so maybe it's a matter of time and while we don't do a high mileage we will not be able to manage without it.
Good luck everyone and very well done for your efforts.
« Last post by Hicardo on April 12, 2024, 10:43:04 PM »
Folks, wanted to express too how bad this situation is for those affected and hope all are resolved acceptably soon when Honda UK finally get their act together. 

I guess I'm in the group with LV who have mid 2021 Mk 4's, so a problem could possibly happen at any time.  From what ive seen, it's unlikely to occur whilst driving, but tends to happen on start up. 

That CAN of course be a major problem if you are away from home, abroad or at the other end of the country when the fault occurs.  So like some others, I'm in a quandary about what to do.  Sit tight and hope for the best, or swap it. 

I'm luckyish in that im covered on the 5 year plan, which has 2 years to run.  I guess on balance, wait and see what happens over the next few months?   :(
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: shaking at 50mph
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on April 12, 2024, 08:44:21 PM »
I would also suggest wheel balance.  One of the glue on or clip on weights  used to balance the new tyres may have dropped off. 

But as a safety precaution before driving the car again I would also   check the  inner and outer side walls of the tyres for any  bulges  as a result of a manufacturing defect in the tyre structure. Its very unlikely  there will be. 
« Last post by Westy36 on April 12, 2024, 08:24:16 PM »
I experienced new tyres that weren't balanced correctly several years ago. The fitter may have made a mistake or possibly forgot to balance the wheels. Take them back, explain the problem and ask that they check. A decent garage would be happy to show you they are balanced on their machine.
« Last post by dave456 on April 12, 2024, 07:40:34 PM »
Hi madasafish they are new tyres on front and balanced i think it is plugs or throttle body when pas 50mph got up to80 it was ok
« Last post by madasafish on April 12, 2024, 07:28:47 PM »
Get wheels balanced
New Members / Re: New Jazz Advance
« Last post by coldstart on April 12, 2024, 07:12:05 PM »
My initial gut feeling is i will extend the Honda warranty for another 2 years to give it 5, especially as I feel I am driving an Apple Mac at times !  Also with the issue over the brake simulator that seems to afflict models from around the 2020 ish era...

Welcome to the Jazz world  :)

I will do the same as the lack of any decent response from Honda (so far) regarding the brake simulator issue is quite disconcerting.
(and I thought as well I would be stepping up from the VAG-"quality"-nightmare when buying the Jazz...)

Let's all hope Honda will come to think better of this one and live up to their reputation!

« Last post by coldstart on April 12, 2024, 06:55:37 PM »
Yesterday I received a call from the owner of the dealership, who I have never met.  He told me that he had heard I was an unhappy customer, asked for brief deatils of the issues and then stated that I was now banned, together with my car, from ever going to any of the Honda dealerships he owns in the local area.  Total call time - less than 5 minutes.

What an absolute a**!  (pardon my french)

This dealership should be "banned" from any customers to eternity!

The owner has absolutely failed to understand that any justified complaint is:
a) a chance to better themselves
b) a compliment (because the unsatisfied customer thinks they could perform better)

The Mk2 is a great choice. It is much larger inside than a Yaris and is more engaging to drive.

I owned a 1.2 for four years and drove it from 0 to 100k kilometers with an average consumption of 59 mpg (4.8 l/100km). The 1.2 versions are more basic than most 1.4 versions, but I did not mind. I actually liked the manual aircon; easy to switch on and off and the latter saves quite a bit of fuel.

Only time I missed the 1.4 was while driving on the German Autobahn with 4 people and luggage. Then it was underpowered. It felt quit nippy when driving alone.

Enjoy!
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / shaking at 50mph
« Last post by dave456 on April 12, 2024, 05:00:24 PM »
Hi Members i have a 2008 cvt Jazz been on motorway today got to 50 mph and the car started shaking violently  slowed it down then went back up to 50 mph and it was ok past 50 the mpg is at 36 mpg any body had this problem Dave
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything