Author Topic: Squeaking noise when cold.  (Read 1061 times)

Lewo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Squeaking noise when cold.
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »
Going to look at the drive/compressor belt tomorrow if the rain holds off!
If it's a bit slack is it easy to adjust? There doesn't seem to be loads of room under the bonnet.
Or if it's looking tired is it easy to replace, do I need to move anything out of the way?
ECP have got Continental belts, they ok or any others recommended?
Thanks.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Squeaking noise when cold.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
It is easy enough to adjust. Continental belt fine, though I am sure others will tell you otherwise.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:47:54 PM »
It is easy enough to adjust. Continental belt fine, though I am sure others will tell you otherwise.

Continental belts gave me sleepless nights when I was engineering manager in an automated Pharmaceutical distribution warehouse that had many hundreds of them fitted to conveyors by the cheapskate who installed them  - not a matter of if they were going to break but when (normally at the worst possible time during peak order picking run) in the end I introduced a rolling program to replace the Continetaaal belts during less busy times. Gates are much better,  cost a bit more but they last well over 100.000 miles on a Jazz anyway so not the worst money you will ever spend (Our local Honda told me there is no set replacement period or mileage,  just a visual check for cracking or fraying) - continentaaal tyres are not that good, but they certainly know how to advertise though... 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:53:00 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Lewo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:11:17 PM »
Ok, I'll try and get a gates belt from a factors.

Can anyone advise on how to adjust the belt and remove to replace if necessary please, do I need to move anything to get access?
It's handy with the golf as there are help guides with photos!!
1.4 GE3.
Many thanks.

Tags: