Author Topic: Service done.  (Read 2067 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Service done.
« on: July 20, 2017, 06:35:51 PM »
Well that's my service complete for another year. Air filter, Pollen Filter, Oil Filter, 5 litres of Fully Synthetic oil and 8 NGK plugs. Total cost, including £10 for my son-in-law's time, £55.90. Book stamped and signed, not that I will be selling her until she is well done.
Plugs were nowhere near as awkward as I imagined (standing there with my hands in my pockets, watching).

guest1372

Re: Service done.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »
Plugs were nowhere near as awkward as I imagined (standing there with my hands in my pockets, watching).
If you've got just the right size extension for the ratchet.....
--
TG

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »
He has a Snap On tool box, that stretches the width and height of the back wall of his Mercedes Sprinter Van. Doing all his work out on the road (servicing Bear Scotland's vans, trucks and plant), he has to carry everything he is likely to need with him.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »
Well that's my service complete for another year. Air filter, Pollen Filter, Oil Filter, 5 litres of Fully Synthetic oil and 8 NGK plugs. Total cost, including £10 for my son-in-law's time, £55.90. Book stamped and signed, not that I will be selling her until she is well done.

You have to have right length of extension for rear plugs, but still a lot less work than plugs on GE - how did you squeeze 5 litres of oil in  :o -   non of my Hondas have ever needed any oil between changes so I only ever buy 4 litre packs and put it all in (I need the empty container for old oil).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »
I bought 5 litres of oil but only needed just under 4 litres. I don't have to dispose of my oil. My son-in-law has a bulk used oil storage on his van and it goes for recycling. He even takes the old plugs and oil filter.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 08:59:42 AM »
I bought 5 litres of oil but only needed just under 4 litres. I don't have to dispose of my oil. My son-in-law has a bulk used oil storage on his van and it goes for recycling. He even takes the old plugs and oil filter.
Could he pop round and do mine?

Binning off using the main dealer for my GD now, given it is now 12 years old. Going to find a friendly local 'back street' guy I can trust.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »
Going to find a friendly local 'back street' guy I can trust.
There are dozens in every town. Since I started delivering to the local garages, with my part time job, I have been amazing how many there are. Old factory buildings, garages behind their house, up lanes, on farms, they are hidden all over the place. And most, here in Kirkcaldy at least, are quite highly thought of.

Tags:

anything