Author Topic: Kudos to Gordon Lamb Honda, Chesterfield  (Read 6117 times)

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
Kudos to Gordon Lamb Honda, Chesterfield
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:15:37 PM »
Bought an ALMOST 3yr old Jazz 1.4EX about 4 weeks ago and in my excitement didn't notice corrosion around the centre caps on all four alloys, until I came to wash it when I got it home.

I mentioned my oversight to the salesman and the fact that I'd heard some wheels had been replaced under warranty and would he look into it for me.

He said he'd try, if I could supply 9 photos - one of the number plate and a close up and full frame shot of each wheel, along with the mileage of the car. Since we went on a touring holiday two days after buying the car I just had to be patient and keep my fingers crossed.

On Wednesday I got a call to say there was a new set of wheels waiting to be fitted if I could take the car in! Result  ;D

They were fitted today and the car given a full valet, all F.O.C.

Thumbs up for Gordon Lamb Honda!

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Kudos to Gordon Lamb Honda, Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
Excellent  ;D ;D

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »
Ours is 2yrs old and they acknowledged corrosion around the centre caps on two of the wheels but said Honda wouldn't change all four - indeed they said Honda often only authorise one.

I'm miffed about this - if two have gone then the others are likely to follow but Honda will be hoping that the car is out of warranty.

Top Down

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:50 PM »
Don't give up. Go back.

Do you have an email address for someone at your dealers? If so, email them about the issue and put a notifier on so you can see they've read it - and keep the emails.

Be nice about it though.

Do you have a digital camera or a mobile phone/camera? If so, take the photos as I was advised to and send them in as well, asking them to pursue a warranty claim on your behalf. (Reduce the size of the Jpg's so they don't swamp your outbox or their inbox.)

Be nice about it though.

Ask them to let you know when they've forwarded on the claim, then be patient.

I'd JUST got to the point that I was going to chase it up when I got the call from them.  8)

It worked out for me.

I did do it nicely though  ;D

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »
Thanks - I did speak to the service manager about it and he said Honda are very strict, they check the wheels the dealer sends back and will reject the claim if they aren't corroded.

I guess I can't blame Honda for wanting to minimise the costs, but I would have hoped they would replace them in sets.  I do look after the wheels, but it's still going to look a bit odd.

Top Down

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 01:10:43 PM »
Be persistent. The photos were required for Honda Central (wherever that is) to make the decision on. From those THEY accept that a warranty claim is valid, so it's not a local decision and they won't loose out.

I think he's just playing hardball/trying to fob you off.

Don't be deterred but keep it friendly and try again.

If you need to see the close-ups I took of our corroded wheels for comparison, drop me an email.

The fronts were quite unsightly, with flaking paint and pitted alloy around the centre caps and when I washed them more paint came off, so it was clearly spreading under what looked like good paint.

Take a look towards the back of the spokes too, right on the back sharp edges. The paint on ours was beginning to split away from there too.

I make them sound REALLY bad. They weren't - but something I'd expect on a neglected 10 year old car, not a low mileage 3 year old with one owner. All the indications were that the corrosion would only get worse - especially with winter coming up, salted roads and freezing temperatures.

If the claim had been turned down I'd have had them refurbished myself, or bought aftermarket wheels - both about the same at £260 - but if you don't ask......

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:32:17 PM by Top Down »

Tags: