Author Topic: RE HONDA 1.5 JAZZ SPORT CVT  (Read 5158 times)

guest7675

RE HONDA 1.5 JAZZ SPORT CVT
« on: May 06, 2018, 06:33:36 PM »
Is the jazz sport cvt in paddleshift mode slower than the manual or as quick and is there much body roll on bends as the motor mags seem to think so.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: RE HONDA 1.5 JAZZ SPORT CVT
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 06:41:15 PM »
I am not quite half way through the 600 odd mile running in period and when that is over I will be using its performance occasionally. You could try the Honda website, there is a model comparison there, they are manufacturers figures but will show the difference in acceleration times. I have not had mine on two wheels in a bend and am not going to try.  :o

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:43:33 AM »
Is the jazz sport cvt in paddleshift mode slower than the manual or as quick and is there much body roll on bends as the motor mags seem to think so.

I would say initially slower on the getaway but once you are moving the CVT in sport mode would be a match for the manual. I never use the paddle shifters, I have never felt the need.

As regards body roll all the 2018 models have revised suspension settings and I corner quite fast and I have never noticed any roll.

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »
I have asked on another post does the drivers seat have a wheel to adjust seatback angle.

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 06:36:12 PM »
I have asked on another post does the drivers seat have a wheel to adjust seatback angle.

Its a lever adjust.

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 05:33:02 PM »
Re 1.5 sport cvt have any of you had the rear windows tinted as it looks good in white and red with tints.

guest7675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »
When i said about jazz sport wind deflectors and a comment they were naff well funny many years ago when i was a younger man i did not like them but when i saw an abarth 595 with tinted wind deflectors it looked really good and i think kept not only wind and rain from comming in with window open also great for keeping sun from blinding you from the side.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
I don't do open windows, the manual HVAC system is excellent and can be set up exactly as you require. Unlike the climate control system  which only provides what the car thinks you want.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 01:19:45 PM »
I don't do open windows, the climate control system is excellent and offers me exactly what I want.  It can be set up manually for individual tastes if so desired.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 01:26:13 PM »
What is the point of climate control if you have to override it to get the output you want?

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 01:29:35 PM »
What is the point of climate control if you have to override it to get the output you want?
That's the whole point.  I don't :).  The key thing is that I never have to change the temperature.  Had climate control for more years than I can remember and wouldn't dream of buying a car without it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:31:35 PM by ColinS »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »
I had climate control for years and don't miss it, it is cruise control I won't buy a car without.

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 01:45:19 PM »
Yeah I used cruise control a lot on my CR-V but don't do a lot of motorway driving now so use the speed limiter for most of my driving.  Both very good additions to technology in my opinion.  I'm sure adaptive cruise control must be a god send.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 01:58:48 PM »
Yeah I used cruise control a lot on my CR-V but don't do a lot of motorway driving now so use the speed limiter for most of my driving.  Both very good additions to technology in my opinion.  I'm sure adaptive cruise control must be a god send.

The thing I like about standard cruise control is it keeps you alert, I always remember the speed set is the speed you will hit something at!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »
I had climate control for years and don't miss it, it is cruise control I won't buy a car without.

Normal cruise control no good in UK, needs to be adaptive. This is due to our congested roads - have used our normal cruise control only once or twice in five years, not worth continually adjusting speed.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: