Author Topic: Paint Protection Revisited.  (Read 2303 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Paint Protection Revisited.
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »
I started an earlier thread about this. My view was it was just an expensive add on. It possibly still is but I got a half price offer on Supagard when I bought my car last month (probably had an unused kit lying around) so I stumped up £150 and had it done. Part of the reason for this was some friends of ours who had had their 3 Series BMW done and it always looks well and certainly still beads up very well.

I occasionally dip into DetailingWorld and the view of these paint treatments is scathing. No prep done and lashed on by a monkey in the valeting bay. I'm not sure I'd admit to having it done on there!

So, what about my experience so far? I have to say that the paint on my car is as smooth as glass. Detailing enthusiasts say one method of telling whether your paint is contaminated is to put a plastic bag on your hand and see if it snags as you pass it across the paintwork. Mine certainly doesn't. I can only assume the car was prepped before hand. I doubt if they clayed it but possibly used some powerful cleaner.

Washed the car once and it was really easy. I'll add further bulletins from time to time to see if this stuff lasts. At the moment, the car is very shiny and the paint is incredibly smooth.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Paint Protection Revisited.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 08:31:14 AM »
I started an earlier thread about this. My view was it was just an expensive add on. It possibly still is but I got a half price offer on Supagard when I bought my car last month (probably had an unused kit lying around) so I stumped up £150 and had it done. Part of the reason for this was some friends of ours who had had their 3 Series BMW done and it always looks well and certainly still beads up very well.

I occasionally dip into DetailingWorld and the view of these paint treatments is scathing. No prep done and lashed on by a monkey in the valeting bay. I'm not sure I'd admit to having it done on there!

So, what about my experience so far? I have to say that the paint on my car is as smooth as glass. Detailing enthusiasts say one method of telling whether your paint is contaminated is to put a plastic bag on your hand and see if it snags as you pass it across the paintwork. Mine certainly doesn't. I can only assume the car was prepped before hand. I doubt if they clayed it but possibly used some powerful cleaner.

Washed the car once and it was really easy. I'll add further bulletins from time to time to see if this stuff lasts. At the moment, the car is very shiny and the paint is incredibly smooth.

I have nothing but good experience of DiamondBrite and such products,  neither of our cars gets more than a cursory occasional wash over with a garden hose water brush with a shampoo stick in it and are still remarkably shiny.

Had to laugh the other day, we went to National Trust property (Carding Mill Valley) in Shropshire and there were sheep on the carpark,  I noticed several of the sheep seemed to be 'nuzzling' the cars, on closer inspection they were licking the salt off  :o  I have to say if they set up a car wash I probably would not use it as the results of their cleaning efforts were a bit patchy,  but fair play to them for trying (they did not seem to do a better job on members cars,  which was disappointing).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: