Author Topic: Jazz to HR-V - 1st 5ish Months  (Read 2441 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Jazz to HR-V - 1st 5ish Months
« on: March 28, 2024, 01:29:25 PM »
...I changed from a MY22 '71 plate Jazz EX (Premium Sunlight white) to a MY23 '73 plate HR-V Advance Style (Sand Khaki Pearl / Black Roof) beginning of Nov last year  ;D

So far I have noticed that it is a much better car in almost every way.

PROs (for me)
Brake hold, on by default - Can't believe how much of a difference this makes not having to switch it on every journey.
Ride comfort - greatly improved. Smoother over bumps, more refined all around.
Acceleration - seems much quicker although its hard to judge without the Jazz side by side. Easy to spin the front wheels if you're too keen!
The sport mode does seem eager to get on with it. On the modes I wish the normal mode was maybe blue instead of green as an indicator.
Boot shape - Same size as the Jazz I think but the overall shape seems more accommodating. Load cover a flimsy one that works much better than the hard ones.
Powered tailgate - more convenient.
Auto dimming rearview mirror and auto dipping nearside wing mirror.
Feels more grown up than the Jazz, more of a complete car.
Doors cover the sills so they and your trousers/legs stay cleaner.
The safety systems seem less prominent, can still go off at odd times but less frequent.
Have had the Lane Keep Assist, on occasion, last for 50 seconds as opposed to the normal 10 or so. Doesn't happen often though.
Android Auto connects wirelessly every time!
Dual zone climate
Centre arm rest, if you use one.
Rear courtesy lights for passengers are both on a soft touch on/off.
Fuel release on a pull flap from inside the car. One to remember at the petrol station.
The wipers sweep water and muck off to the right of the screen much more effectively without leaving a mess.

CONs
Fuel economy - Worse than the Jazz. Will have to wait until the weather is warmer and the miles increase to see how far apart they really are.
Turning circle, not as tight.
Costs of tyres etc probably higher
Not a full digital dash unfortunately. Right hand side not much use as look at digital speedo rather than analogue so that side is mostly wasted.

No privacy glass as an option. Undecided whether that is a con or a pro.
Can't seem to work out the battery charge, at all. Couldn't tell you how much battery is left at any time as it never seems to drop?
Looking at one of the other displays you can see the the battery level as such when it is being depleted or refilled but not on the battery charge screen.

Overall I'm glad I changed. Seems to be a much better all rounder than the Jazz although if you must have a higher MPG then the HR-V may not be the car for you!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 01:55:34 PM by shufty »

Topgun

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Mk 4
Re: Jazz to HR-V - 1st 5ish Months
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 01:47:59 PM »
Hi shufty, I'm in exactly the same boat as you, chopped my Jazz in for an HRV last April. I pretty much agree with everything you have to say. I have my left hand screen on the display set to the "Power Flow" option, that shows you the battery charge and whether the car is being powered by the battery, engine, or a combination of the two at that particular moment. Hope that helps...

shufty

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 01:52:39 PM »
...Yeah that was the only place I could see the state of the battery charge. The actual 'charge' screen has baffled me as it only moves into the blue power state when you accelerate. Never seems to show an actual battery charge state as the green bit always appears to show full :o :-\

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 09:15:38 PM »
My HR-V Elegance doesn't have all the toys of the higher models but the only one I miss is the mirrors auto-folding when the vehicle is locked. I agree with most of the above comments. The need to unlock the fuel filler cap using a lever in the car is a step backwards in convenience from the Jazz.

After driving the Jazz with its digital speedometer I never look at the analogue speedo on the HR-Vs dashboard (there's also a small digital speedo in the centre of the display). So that analogue speedo is a big waste of space.

However, I turned off the brake hold as I found it made the vehicle less able to make smooth starts.

I once tried driving in D mode with using the paddles to control the level of regenerative braking and quickly decided that the paddles were a gimmick as the system didn't remember the paddle setting. Since then I've always used B with its consistent level of braking.

The HR-V is between 10 and 15% thirstier than the Jazz. It's a bigger and heavier vehicle and that big radiator grille can't help with the aerodynamic drag. It's a detail where the stylists clearly took priority over the engineers.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything