Author Topic: HR-V 60minute test drive  (Read 3967 times)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
Re: HR-V 60minute test drive
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 10:38:57 AM »
Have you potential HR-V guys checked out your insurance? According to What Car? magazine my Crosstar is Group 19, the HR-V is in Group 31. As far as insurance goes that is Golf GTI territory!

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 11:12:43 AM »
Might this be more appropriate in the HR-V Forum ( https://www.hrvforums.co.uk/)?   After all if i was seeking information on the HR-V that's where I'd be looking rather then this JAZZ forum.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 12:07:52 PM »
With relatively low numbers coming it must be difficult predicting which trim level will be in highest demand.

A ship takes approx 40 days port to port from Japan, so hopefully January and even February stock is already at sea and assured. 

But how will they prioritise deliveries? .  Dealers must be struggling to survive with little stock to sell and I  cant blame them for selling an ex demonstrator  etc over list price if supply and demand makes it possible.  The customer can take it or leave it.
  But its  probably  naïve to assume  some dealers wont register extra 'demonstrators'  with the express intention of selling them  above  list price , Two with 2000 miles rather than one with 4000 miles. And some might use stock promised to other customers.  This may be with the approval of Honda.

But its may not be fair to blame a particular Honda dealer . All new car dealerships may be doing it to some extent, selling through third parties rather than off their own  forecourt.  There could be  a merry go round of cars registered to other dealerships, Honda UK etc . You would assume its surplus stock obtained elsewhere rather than the actual car  you had been promised last month.   

When I briefly looked at a VW dealership they had  3 new Polo Beats on the forecourt.  There was an independent car dealer standing next to one, on the phone to his partner  deciding whether to buy all three.   Next time I looked they had gone.  Those were on show but many such deals must happen behind the scenes.  If they think they can do a  quick deal  with mates in the  trade and still have you waiting your turn for delivery my guess is many will do so.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 12:36:39 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 12:29:26 PM »
Might this be more appropriate in the HR-V Forum ( https://www.hrvforums.co.uk/)?   After all if i was seeking information on the HR-V that's where I'd be looking rather then this JAZZ forum.
Perhaps in both forums? I am happy with my Crosstar but as per numerous posts there are many considering the HR-V as an alternative. It has essentially the same drive system and performance as a Jazz so   what is it that pushes it way up the insurance ratings? In the comparison between the two (on this forum) I haven’t seen anyone mention insurance as a differentiator, which it clearly is.

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2021, 12:36:24 PM »
LV quoted similar premiums to me for both Crosstar and HR-Vb oth CONSIDERABLY cheaper than my current insurer Aviva. Guess who I will be using for the HR-V (if it ever gets here!) LV £247 Aviva £375. HAHAHA! :o
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2021, 02:14:02 PM »
Just got a quote £518 for the new HR-V compared to £273 for my current Sport!. Both with LV and maximum no claims  bonus. I think I will get some more quotes…..

Edit - Just been on Confused.com. The cheapest quote from a well known name  is £454 and LV is £465! So these cars do cost significantly more to insure. It is what it is, I suppose.

Edit #2 I have just  phoned LV and spoken to a most helpful chap who re-quoted based on a vehicle change on my existing policy. This came out at £329 for the full year or £367 with the dealer fitted window tints. Phew thats much better! I shall think about cancelling the tints though!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 04:14:14 PM by JazzandJag »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2021, 05:39:25 PM »
I shall think about cancelling the tints though!

There are usually fitted sun shades available, specific to the model. I've had them on several cars before - because they are not permanently fixed in place they are not a modification for insurance purposes.

Tags: