Author Topic: Scuff marks on plastic interior  (Read 1413 times)

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Scuff marks on plastic interior
« on: July 13, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »
I am all in favour of acquiring a used 'ready dented' car but there is obviously a trade off. The odd little ding here or there and a less than perfect interior etc. My Jazz is in pretty good nick and has been looked after but I have a couple of scuff marks in the rear which I inherited. They are not bad but they irritate me and I just wonder if there is a way of disguising or improving the appearance. It seems to me that rubbing in some sort of oil based product and smoothing the surface might solve the problem. Any useful ideas appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:59:47 PM by MartinJG »

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4l Honda Jazz 2013 Toffee Apple Red - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
Re: Scuff marks on plastic interior
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:28:54 PM »
I repainted 2 small areas of my car, sanded out rust then got halfords to mix up paint to the jazz ice blue colour code; for the first few months the new paint was slightly darker but it's blended in quite well now.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:53:40 PM »
Can you take a photo or give us more details where about it is? May be you can replace the part from eBay?

guest4871

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 10:05:02 PM »
This headed "Scuff marks on plastic interior".

I have the same and would be interested to hear any solutions.

Using Stormsure adhesive is excellent for repairing torn and split door/ boot rubber seals (and car soft tops or wet suits or wellington boots or etc!). I see they now do it in Black.

https://www.stormsure.com/stormsure-flexible-repair-adhesive-15g-tube-black.html

bosa

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 ES 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 08:07:16 PM »
I had some scuffs on the plastic door sill of my last car that improved rubbing with Magic Eraser which is a slightly abrasive pad.  Not perfect but a lot better than it was.

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 11:31:05 PM »
Sorry about the vagueness on the original post. Must be heatstroke. Or something.

As usual, there are loads of products out there which claim to fix the scuff marks but I would be happier following recs from folk on the board who have actually had a successful result.

I hope the photo is OK. Had to crop it and upload. Steep learning curve although it seems quite straightforward.

josall

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 09:31:28 PM »
I have just acquired some Meguiar's G7516EU Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel 473ml from Halfords having read of a similar problem elsewhere.
I have been looking for a product which restores the Black door window trim as it easily discolours. Having tried the product it easily restored the original Black finish and around the window seals plus the black plastic which surrounds the wiper arms and plastic between the front window and bonnet.

Please use sparingly as a little goes a long way, I hope it solves your problem.

snazzyjazz

• Approved Member
  • H O N D A
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009 iVtech 1.2
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »
I have just acquired some Meguiar's G7516EU Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel 473ml from Halfords having read of a similar problem elsewhere.
I have been looking for a product which restores the Black door window trim as it easily discolours. Having tried the product it easily restored the original Black finish and around the window seals plus the black plastic which surrounds the wiper arms and plastic between the front window and bonnet.

Please use sparingly as a little goes a long way, I hope it solves your problem.

Ooh second this, but more specifically I'd use Meguairs Black Plastic Restorer - I've just done my front grill, door handles, door trims etc, all were softly faded grey and now they're vibrant, glossy and deep black again!

Tags: