Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by eskatephil on Today at 12:59:42 AM »
The cable you are showing is the same as the one supplied with the Joying.

Why would you want to use one port for the CarPlay, as it is wireless CarPlay so you don’t plug in your phone?

There are 3 USB ports on the Joying, you receive  one adapter as per your picture and 2 long plug to socket cables you can feed into the glovebox or some other convenient location.

I have found that the onboard USB sockets when connected to the adapter cables do not have the power to charge my iPhone 15 Pro.

I have not used the built in microphone as I already had one installed from my previous head unit as they all use the same connection. Very easy to install an external mic, the internal one isn’t much good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UKJIM

- can you please tell me how is the latency on the joying radio when you press a button on the steering wheel? Is 1.5-2 seconds like on other android radios from AliExpress?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by eskatephil on Today at 12:58:08 AM »
After some thought I'm going to be less adventurous, and I probably won't go for the JOYING (thanks for the recommendation though UKJim). Main reason is I would like to be able to have some recourse if something goes wrong with the unit - I don't have the skills to troubleshoot and fix myself  ???

Apart from the Alpine ilx-750d system UKJim mentioned, can anyone recommend a good HU that plays nice with wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto? Ideally I'd like to keep the cost down to £500 (including parts and labour).

Thanks  :)

What do you expect to go “wrong”? You connect a few cables and customise buttons on the steering wheel. If you brake the OS (not sure how much you would have to be messing around to do so) then just factory restore. Joying is probably the safest option for a valid radio replacement for a Jazz
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Nicksey on Today at 12:24:57 AM »
I agree, which is why I will be looking at the Renault Alpina... which in hindsight is what I should have waited for instead of the Jazz.

Do you regret buying the Jazz Nicksey?

Yes, which is a great shame. I have had to have both mirror motors replaced, a screen washer nozzle and a delaminating windscreen too, albeit under warranty. The paintwork is not a patch on my previous Renaults either.
The drivetrain and smoothness of motor/electric/gearbox are excellent though, and the 20k I have completed have been economical and effortless. I like the space and comfort of the cabin too. I intended to keep this car for a long time, further than the 5 year warranty package and longer than any previous car I have owned... but I don't think it will be as reliable or as trustworthy as the previous MKs that Honda have built their reputation on.
« Last post by BROC on Today at 12:02:52 AM »
The Jazz and other Honda cars are not unique in having problems. If you check any car 'enthusiast' forum you will find owners reporting issues with their vehicles.

There are plenty of Yaris, Puma, VW ID 3,4, Qashqai problems well publicised on the Internet. Some are a lot more serious than the Jazz ones reported here(apart from the brake simulator).

My 2022 Jazz EX was fault free for the 2 years I owned it.

I am fortunate that I can afford to change my cars just before the manufacturers warranty expires.  There's too much electronics, software, not to mention plastic in modern car construction which affects their long term durability & reliability.  I doubt any cars made today will become the vintage or veteran cars of the future.

« Last post by ninanina on May 12, 2024, 11:14:53 PM »
Really glad I got rid of my Honda and took delivery of a Renault Clio eSpirit Alpine.
The writing has been on the wall for a couple of years about Hondas reliability and disappointing customer service.
I had been purchasing hHonda cars since 1994. So it was a massive change to go to Renault

Was it the Jazz that you owned NoelM?

I had two Crosstars from new A 2021 that had EGR failure within 3 months of purchase. Then had 2022 model that was rejected within the first month of ownership due to noisy eCVT under no load on start up. Dealership had 4 brand new cars with the same issue.
Honda customer services were absolutely appalling.

Gosh that’s absolutely awful NoelM  :(

I can see why you moved away from Honda

It is with a very heavy heart that you have made my mind up not to buy a Jazz

The Jazz is such a lovely car but I just couldn’t put up with having issues with it; I definitely don’t want to be running to my dealer every 5 minutes
« Last post by NoelM on May 12, 2024, 10:59:32 PM »
Really glad I got rid of my Honda and took delivery of a Renault Clio eSpirit Alpine.
The writing has been on the wall for a couple of years about Hondas reliability and disappointing customer service.
I had been purchasing hHonda cars since 1994. So it was a massive change to go to Renault

I had two Crosstars from new A 2021 that had EGR failure within 3 months of purchase. Then had 2022 model that was rejected within the first month of ownership due to noisy eCVT under no load on start up. Dealership had 4 brand new cars with the same issue.
Honda customer services were absolutely appalling.
« Last post by ninanina on May 12, 2024, 10:41:12 PM »

« Last post by NoelM on May 12, 2024, 10:35:40 PM »
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: AC condenser 2013 Jazz si
« Last post by pebbles on May 12, 2024, 07:33:57 PM »
autoairconparts give diagrams of dimensions and connectors.

might be just a case of measuring it looking at the 2013 Jazz options

https://www.autoairconparts.co.uk/

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Headgasket or what?
« Last post by Takumi.86 on May 12, 2024, 07:26:02 PM »
I have a honda jazz 2005 1.3 idsi car Over heated a couple of times cus of a leak, and fan not working. I fixed fan i deleted the thermostat. Was working fine until it started heating again. Cars heating when fan works coolant is full. Mechanic states its the head. But no sign of a bad head like no milky like coolant in radiator, no smoke, engine oil is fine. Could it be the water pump, again no sign of water pump being faulty like no leak no sound. Mechanic states its the head what should i do? Can a bad head lead to heating without any symptoms
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10