Author Topic: Car and Driver 2015 Honda Jazz review  (Read 8423 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Car and Driver 2015 Honda Jazz review
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »
US car magazine Car and Driver test drive the 2015 Honda Jazz (Fit):

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-honda-fit-ex-test-review

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Car and Driver 2015 Honda Jazz review
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:47:02 PM »
Love the comment (from a reader it must be said, not the tester)  that 8 seconds for 0-60mph is slow !! for a 1.5 litre (91cu/in) city car - is he serious ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 08:35:37 PM »
The remark I found most informative was that the new body is less of a greenhouse. I wonder if Honda also managed to address the serious glare problem that occurs on the GE when driving into the sun.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest4871

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »
I had planned to wait for this model but am extremely glad I did not. I would have been very disappointed.

I like more glass and the bigger boot of the current model which was what ultimately swayed the purchase.

It sounds to me that the MK3 Jazz is rather modelled on a scaled down 7th generation Civic.

We had, until recently, a 7th generation Civic with large rear leg room (advertised as equal to a Mercedes S Class) but a relatively modest boot which for me was a wee bit annoying as we only ever really have, at most, two in the car. I rejected lots of other cars (Toyota/ Nissan/ Citroen/ Kia etc.) because the windows were too small, the interiors too gloomy and the boot too small.

Each to their own...........

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »
Regarding the boot space I noted that they have given their US customers more rear seat leg room. Given that the current Jazz is already relatively generous in that respect I would hope that they locate the rear seat on the European version of the new model to give the current leg room and thus reclaim the inches taken out of the boot space.

Ideally, they could provide sliding rear seats but I don't know whether that would be easy with the Magic Seat configuration.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Gittje

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »
I had planned to wait for this model but am extremely glad I did not. I would have been very disappointed.

I like more glass and the bigger boot of the current model which was what ultimately swayed the purchase.
Same here! We are glad we bought a Jazz 1.4 CVT Comfort Plus at a discount price 2 months ago.

At first glance we are not impressed by the new Jazz that will be launched in Europe next year.

Tags:

anything