Author Topic: ACC  (Read 9012 times)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
ACC
« on: September 13, 2021, 08:28:13 PM »
22YM EX:
I used Adaptive Cruise Control today for the first time ever. I was driving on the M40 and M25. I loved the fact that my car remained a set distance from the car in front, (up to the speed I had set). When we arrived at the M25 the traffic came to a complete standstill several times. The ACC brought the car to a smooth stop behind the vehicle in front. The car did not automatically move forward when traffic started to flow; I needed to dab the accelerator as normal, the ACC then controlled the car again. Lovely jubbly!
Neil Ives

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: ACC
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 09:02:50 PM »
It’s a great feature, I use mine almost every time I drive.

I think the accelerator dab to start after being stopped is a Honda safety feature, I don’t remember having to do that on an old Volvo I had with ACC.

guest9814

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 09:08:38 PM »
A so there maybe difference of MY22
When I use ACC on my MY21  it tends to break using regenerative breaking when distance to standing car is minimal. So this can lead to road accident if someone tailgating…..
Car breaking very aggressive and starting breaking from minimal distance. But the same time uses regenerative breaking much more efficiently .
If car stopped with ACC for short period of time  and car in front of you start moving then you not need to dab accelerator

Neil Ives

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 09:14:14 PM »
It’s a great feature, I use mine almost every time I drive.

I think the accelerator dab to start after being stopped is a Honda safety feature, I don’t remember having to do that on an old Volvo I had with ACC.
I can see why. The driver needs to know that the car is about to drive off.
Neil Ives

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 09:30:59 PM »
In low speed follow, if the vehicle is stationary for more than about 10/15 seconds it will enter pause mode, there will be a row of dots instead of the set speed. Either a dab on the throttle or a press on the resume (RES/+) button will continue operation.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 11:10:50 PM »
Regen braking does show the brake lights if the deceleration is above a certain value. Switch the dash to "Simple view" to see this.

guest9814

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 04:09:03 AM »
Not this problem
But that the bracking occurs late an because of this aggressive.

Neil Ives

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 09:31:43 AM »
Not this problem
But that the blacking occurs late an because of this aggressive.
Sorry, but would you explain this comment please.
Neil Ives

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 01:48:01 PM »
Not this problem

Blacking should be "braking" I think.

The ACC is a bit late in braking if there is a large speed differential, eg. you're doing 70mph and the car that just comes into view is doing 45mph. The same if there is weaving traffic, eg at a motorway-motorway junction.

guest9814

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 04:09:37 PM »
Not this problem

Blacking should be "braking" I think.

The ACC is a bit late in braking if there is a large speed differential, eg. you're doing 70mph and the car that just comes into view is doing 45mph. The same if there is weaving traffic, eg at a motorway-motorway junction.
No that aggressive braking occurs when you use AAC and when you approach cars that have already stopped at a red traffic light, AAC sees the car from afar but starts to stop at a relatively small distance from it

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 04:53:45 PM »
It's great in normal traffic, but not so good in traffic that is speeding up and slowing down very quickly.

Humans can see the traffic and cars in front of the one car the system is tracking and react beforehand, lifting off before the directly in front car even has started to brake.

I was testing it out in traffic today that was going from stopped to maybe 30-40mph and then back to stopped, all quite quickly.

One time the system was so slow to react it triggered it's own accident mitigation system warning! Luckily I was covering the brake and watching what it was doing so could take over before it was really needed.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 05:08:49 PM »
It's great in normal traffic, but not so good in traffic that is speeding up and slowing down very quickly.

As the Honda Jazz bible tells us: ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow may not work properly under certain circumstances.

Do not use ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow under the following conditions:

and... point 1
• On roads with heavy traffic or while driving in a slow moving traffic jam
If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 05:30:50 PM »

As the Honda Jazz bible tells us: ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow may not work properly under certain circumstances.

Do not use ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow under the following conditions:

and... point 1
• On roads with heavy traffic or while driving in a slow moving traffic jam

It's a strange thing for them to say, when it's a feature that many cars are advertised as having it specifically to use exactly in those situations.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 06:30:23 PM »
Maybe it has to do with "covering our @$$ in case something goes wrong"?  ;D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Neil Ives

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 09:55:46 PM »
I used ACC again this evening. I was on the M40. Everything was going well until I moved into the middle lane from the outside, (overtaking/fast) lane. I was traveling at 70mph. When the car swung to the left, the radar must have detected the lorry that was in the slow lane. The car slammed its brakes on. I was suddenly doing 55mph in the middle lane. A large red exclamation sign appeared in the dash display. I was crapping myself that someone might ram into the back of the car.  ???

I had the detection distance set to maximum. I think a closer range may have prevented the problem.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:26:24 PM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Tags: