Author Topic: Crosstar mpg with 15 mile commute with 20mph-60mph speeds what mpg will I get?  (Read 932 times)

Chilledsteve

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: None yet but looking at options
Crosstar mpg with 15 mile commute with 20mph-60mph speeds what mpg will I get when I get it?

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
That depends on weather and traffic conditions and of course your right foot and that (just like the weather) can hardly be predicted here. I'm guessing (note: guessing...) around 60, 62.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:29:17 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
On a regular 10 mile cross country trip, mostly country lanes, no motorways, I'm currently getting around 70mpg in my Mk4 EX, but max speed not much more than about 45mph.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
I drive with the eco button on and would get over 70 on that type of journey, but it does depend how it's driven.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
my guess is around 62-65 ;D

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Perhaps as high as 70mpg in summer when the engine warms up faster and there's no need for cabin heating so the hybrid system can be at its highest efficiency but dropping to 60 mpg in very cold weather when the engine takes longer to warm up and heat is continuously needed for the cabin.

The other factor in the calculation is the proportions of the journey at the different speeds. The hybrid system doesn't provide much benefit at 60 mph but provides a noticeable benefit at slower speeds and a big improvement in stop-start traffic. 5 miles of slow driving and 10 miles of 60 mph will give overall worse mpg than 10 miles of slow driving and 5 miles at 60 mpg. You can display the trip fuel consumption on the big screen and quickly get an understanding of how the mpg responds to different conditions. Headwinds and tailwinds have a significant effect.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything