Author Topic: Krem v Dealer  (Read 5481 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Krem v Dealer
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2021, 04:59:10 AM »
I've also never seen another MK4 Jazz or Crosstar on the road.

I'm intending to buy a MK4 Jazz soon but it is a concern about ongoing support.

The 8th Gen 'spaceship' Civic is everywhere, see them daily. Honda hit a formula with that model that I followed with the 9G Civic which in my opinion is a far better car but it never caught on.
Let's be careful out there !

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2021, 05:01:52 AM »
Anybody care to enlighten us what Krem means?

If you're referring to the first post .......

I told the dealer I want a Sep/Oct red Jazz EX MY22 but they tried to sell me a MY21 now, 3 times.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2021, 08:53:16 AM »

I told the dealer I want a Sep/Oct red Jazz EX MY22 but they tried to sell me a MY21 now, 3 times.
I never choose red for a car, it is the colour for issues such as losing gloss and turning matt,  paint fading from red to pink.  The Physicists have an explanation, sunlight damages the pigments more easily than other colours.

The MY22 car may not be available to your schedule, delivery to Honda UK of MY22 cars may depend on clearing MY21 cars stored up by Honda UK, and / or,  clearing stocks of MY21 cars in the retail pool of the dealers,   the retail pool is where dealers barter  cars between showrooms  and even their "rivals" to fill orders.
The next phone call may be the offer of a big discount to take a MY21,  it is a buyers market, Perhaps they will offer a premium paint colour option for zero charge,  is red still the basic colour and all others a chargeable option?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:14:25 AM by E27006 »

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2021, 09:18:55 AM »
I might be missing something but if there is no difference between 21 & 22 models then why do you insist on a 22 model?

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2021, 09:43:46 AM »

How many vehicles do Honda sell in UK? Anyone know?

The SMMT publish monthly registration figures, although it's a bit of a faff to find and you have to download a spreadhseet.

I just looked and Honda's registrations in June were 3,205 for a 1.11% share of the market.  YTD they're 12,618.

They're done around 50K/yr for years - they did expand the network some years ago and said they were going to push to 100K but it never happened and, as others have mentioned, a number of dealers have closed and they're talking about reducing further.    There was a bit of upset from Honda UK a few years ago when dealers voted Honda the worst franchise to have.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2021, 09:57:30 AM »
I never choose red for a car, it is the colour for issues such as losing gloss and turning matt,  paint fading from red to pink.  The Physicists have an explanation, sunlight damages the pigments more easily than other colours.

You're right - but usually only very long term.  Our 2014 Jazz is Milano Red (bright red) and looks fine, and it's always parked outside.  It did have some kind of Supagard type stuff when new but everyone says that's rubbish.  It's had nothing more an occasional wash since.

An issue you can have is that if needs repair it can be tough to match and the paint may then fade at different rates - again, only an issue if you're keeping the car long term.

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2021, 09:58:55 AM »

The MY22 car may not be available to your schedule, delivery to Honda UK of MY22 cars may depend on clearing MY21 cars stored up by Honda UK, and / or,  clearing stocks of MY21 cars in the retail pool of the dealers,   the retail pool is where dealers barter  cars between showrooms  and even their "rivals" to fill orders.
The next phone call may be the offer of a big discount to take a MY21,  it is a buyers market, Perhaps they will offer a premium paint colour option for zero charge,  is red still the basic colour and all others a chargeable option?

I want a black interior so my choices are red, black or white paint. I've had all 3 colours in the past and black and white are out so red it is. My cars are garaged so don't suffer paint fade.

As far as wanting a MY22, I cannot comment but I have a reason. If I have to wait then so be it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:20:15 AM by Kremmen »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »

You're right - but usually only very long term.  Our 2014 Jazz is Milano Red (bright red) and looks fine, and it's always parked outside.  It did have some kind of Supagard type stuff when new but everyone says that's rubbish.  It's had nothing more an occasional wash since.

An issue you can have is that if needs repair it can be tough to match and the paint may then fade at different rates - again, only an issue if you're keeping the car long term.

Think that's right. I see loads of "pink" Corsas and some older VW models but I've never seen a Honda with serious red paint degradation.

Gas Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: None - considering a Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2021, 12:12:28 PM »
A couple of thoughts:

1. Dealer coverage

It’s a shame dealers are getting thinner on the ground - this would appear to be a global policy from Honda as the same is happening in Australia.

2. Honda Pulling out of UK

I sincerely hope not!
I have seen nothing in the motoring press to suggest this is on the cards - does anyone know of the source for this viewpoint?

3. Number of Mk 4 Jazz seen

I also live in the Bristol region ( a few miles north of Bristol Honda in fact ) and I have see quite a few about as Insaid in a previous post on this thread.

This week I’ve seen a Crossstar and and Ex which are different colours than those I had seen so new to me.

4. MY21 v MY22

Like everyone else no doubt, I’m intrigued by what the appeal of the MY22 is over the MY21 is when there is no material difference between the two?

- My only concern would be if the car was not perfect and / or I was buying a car that was many months old and had been stored badly but not sure this would be easy to find out without insider knowledge.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2021, 01:13:41 PM »
A couple of thoughts:

1. Dealer coverage

It’s a shame dealers are getting thinner on the ground - this would appear to be a global policy from Honda as the same is happening in Australia.

2. Honda Pulling out of UK

I sincerely hope not!
I have seen nothing in the motoring press to suggest this is on the cards - does anyone know of the source for this viewpoint?

3. Number of Mk 4 Jazz seen

I also live in the Bristol region ( a few miles north of Bristol Honda in fact ) and I have see quite a few about as Insaid in a previous post on this thread.

This week I’ve seen a Crossstar and and Ex which are different colours than those I had seen so new to me.

4. MY21 v MY22

Like everyone else no doubt, I’m intrigued by what the appeal of the MY22 is over the MY21 is when there is no material difference between the two?

- My only concern would be if the car was not perfect and / or I was buying a car that was many months old and had been stored badly but not sure this would be easy to find out without insider knowledge.
With regard to pulling out of the UK - it was probably me by implication because I pointed out that just 0.82% of Honda worldwide sales in 2019 were in UK so we are not an important market for them. Biggest seller is CR-V but they do have hopes that the new Jazz, Crosstar and the hybrid HR-V (due later this year ) will refresh the range and raise interest and thus sales of Honda cars in UK. I don’t think anyone thinks that Honda are pulling out of the UK, just a concern over limited number of dealers.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2021, 01:35:37 PM »
I hope they don’t leave U.K.  However with the rise in online sales I think it is inevitable the number of Dealerships of all brands will reduce significantly. There have been quite a few articles on this in the motoring press.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2021, 01:47:04 PM »

The SMMT publish monthly registration figures, although it's a bit of a faff to find and you have to download a spreadhseet.

I just looked and Honda's registrations in June were 3,205 for a 1.11% share of the market.  YTD they're 12,618.

They're done around 50K/yr for years - they did expand the network some years ago and said they were going to push to 100K but it never happened and, as others have mentioned, a number of dealers have closed and they're talking about reducing further.    There was a bit of upset from Honda UK a few years ago when dealers voted Honda the worst franchise to have.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 02:02:10 PM by E27006 »

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2021, 02:06:50 PM »
THE car makers also must publish pre-registartion figures, it is a requirements under an Act of Parliament.
It will be interesting to view the number of pre-reg cars,  pre-reg distorts the picture of actual sales of a car

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2021, 02:10:15 PM »

Most dealers have had to diversify into multiple brands these days,  their business has been ruined by online car sellers... 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2021, 03:14:09 PM »

Most dealers have had to diversify into multiple brands these days,  their business has been ruined by online car sellers...
[/quote]

I'd say their business has been ruined by their salesmen who, in my experience, know very little about their cars (I always know more just by reading online reviews), always push finance rather than vehicles, play the game of 'needing to check with their manager', telling me online companies lie and sell 'old vehicles' or tell me the vehicle that I want is not available but i could have xxx in a different colour...

My last six cars have all been purchased through the same excellent on-line,broker and I'm also currently running a lease vehicle from a leasing broker.  I do all I can to avoid dealers and their shoddy practises. Citroen, Peugeot, BMW, Skoda, Volvo and Honda (the worst experience) have all done their best to put me off ever visiting them again.

Tags: