Author Topic: Air Con  (Read 2536 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: Air Con
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2021, 03:37:49 PM »
Yes, in USA people like stronger climate systems, ECUs are programmed to set direct fluxes from front vents while in Europe automatic climate systems try to give a softer distribution, using front and windishield vents.
According to EPCs, spare codes of USDM FIT compressors are different from EUDM Jazz one, but also the engines are different.

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 11:38:07 AM »
Interesting thread, I took my 2018 Ex=navi in for its first service after I bought it 12 months ago and they said the Aircon needed a service.
I have all the documents and spotted it had been serviced just prior to buying the car so wasn't having that.
 Honda dealer apologised and said the refrigerant was low so agreed to look at it under warranty. They found a seal was leaking so ordered the part and repaired it.
My aircon is now ice cold and on a par with other cars I have owned.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2021, 05:39:24 PM »
I finally bit the bullet and had my A/C regassed today with R1234yf at a locally-owned service centre, costing £144.  The technician's analysis says:
Gas recovered 80 (ml ?)
Oli recovered 0 ml
Vacuum 25 mins
Oil injected 11 ml
Tracer injected 8 ml
Gas injected 395 (ml ?)

I don't understand the process, but the performance now is certainly much better!  The cost works out at 0.3 p/mile.

TonyO

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: SE 2016 1.3 manual
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2021, 09:46:58 PM »
I got mine serviced and noticed the difference immediately. On a par with Hyundai now. Trouble is I've owned 10 year old, high mileage Hyundai that have never had air con serviced.

Tags: