Author Topic: Clever dealer ?  (Read 1876 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Clever dealer ?
« on: July 04, 2021, 08:43:50 AM »
One of the members on Civinfo was given a MK4 Jazz as a loaner when his Civic went in for service.

He was so impressed he ordered an EX when got back.
Let's be careful out there !

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Clever dealer ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »
One of the members on Civinfo was given a MK4 Jazz as a loaner when his Civic went in for service.

;D

I have to admit, they are seriously nice cars, if pricey.

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 10:50:57 AM »
Not as pricey as these EV's

A friend was seriously interested in the new Kia e Niro till he saw the £35k price tag for the model he preferred.
Let's be careful out there !

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »

;D

Car prices have outstripped inflation by a wide margin in the last five years,  a basic very old-fashioned  Ford Fiesta is nearly £17,000, therefore the  modern entry- level Jazz at £19250 is a bargain in comparison, I fail to see the attraction of the EX or Cross-Star models,  a big hike in price equal to several years of fuel costs, the basic Jazz has everything I need

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 05:44:35 PM »
I fail to see the attraction of the EX or Cross-Star models,  a big hike in price equal to several years of fuel costs, the basic Jazz has everything I need

Conclusion: you are easily satisfied... ;D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 06:57:46 PM »
Conclusion: you are easily satisfied... ;D
Then so too must I. I have an S at the moment and I would be delighted to have the new Mk 4 - bottom of the range -  "basic" SE.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 07:35:35 PM »
Whenever I view spec sheets for most relatively modern motors, the base always has all you need. When I started motoring, things like a rev counter, leccy windows and a 5th gear were rare! Modern cars are packed to the rafters with kit.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 09:36:29 PM »
Thankfully if you choose a Crosstar, you don't have to make any model or spec choices as there's only one.  makes life a lot easier.  choosing colour is hard enough  ;D ;D

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 11:27:10 PM »

;D

Car prices have outstripped inflation by a wide margin in the last five years,  a basic very old-fashioned  Ford Fiesta is nearly £17,000, therefore the  modern entry- level Jazz at £19250 is a bargain in comparison, I fail to see the attraction of the EX or Cross-Star models,  a big hike in price equal to several years of fuel costs, the basic Jazz has everything I need

That's why I think Dacia did a good job with their new Sandero, despite the jokes my friends make, they are excellent value!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2021, 11:30:32 PM »
choosing colour is hard enough  ;D ;D

Not difficult at all: I choose the car, wife the colour...  :P

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 08:35:58 AM »

;D

That's why I think Dacia did a good job with their new Sandero, despite the jokes my friends make, they are excellent value!

Absolutely,  may not suit those with a badge fixation though,  apparently the Duster 4x4 is better off road than a lot of the ones costing a lot more...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »
Big Dacia fan myself. Slightly older tech, bit more basic at keen prices, they make a lot of sense. I don't buy new cars, but if I did, I don't think I would be visting any other brands showrooms. The residuals on Dacia are very good.

That said, for the price of a new Sandero, I can buy a late mk3 Jazz with little mileage. Given my experience of Honda, I think I would sooner spend my money on a used Honda.   

guest9236

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 08:25:41 AM »
choosing colour is hard enough  ;D ;D

Not difficult at all: I choose the car, wife the colour...  :P

Not very often I suspect ?

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 01:14:37 PM »
About every 4 to 5 years. I could agree with her last choice:

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »
Thankfully if you choose a Crosstar, you don't have to make any model or spec choices as there's only one.  makes life a lot easier.  choosing colour is hard enough  ;D ;D
Interior trim is a problem for me.  I had to choose an EX to get the lighter grey seats (and white dash) as against the very dark grey of the only alternative.  Why manufacturers insist on so little choice is obvious but a pity.  And why grey seats are only supplied with Blue and Grey paintwork is another mystery - I actually wanted white - but then, that wouldn't have cost extra.

Tags: