Author Topic: Shall I change?  (Read 2011 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Shall I change?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 12:02:46 PM »
Crude oil prices have reached $75 per barrel.
Due to climate Change activists, major Western oil companies are cutting investment in new oil fields.

If you believe the West will all be driving EVs by 2130, that is unlikely to be  a major problem, but in the real world oil will continue to be fuelling approx half or more of the cars on Western roads for another decade.
Annual deletion rates are 2 to 4% pa so if there is no investment...

So we COULD see oil prices well over $100 with all the feed through effects on the economy (plastics , food, transport etc)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 12:45:34 PM »
One figure I've seen several times is that, by 2030, petrol and diesel will power 21 million UK cars with no more than 10 million being full electric. A fair number of those 21 million may well be some sort of hybrid and most will be Euro 6 emissions standards.

In short, at 72 years of age, I don't expect to see a chronic shortage of petrol in the rest of my driving career. Price is something else - I can see it getting more expensive.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2021, 01:14:18 PM »
The Bank of England, yesterday, warned of inflammation rising to 4% but suggested it would be temporary.

hemming

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
Damn that spell-checker!

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 03:36:51 PM »
If you fancy changing it and you can afford it without much hardship then just do it.

Everything is not done with your sensible head on.

I've had a great deal of enjoyment with my various cars and we don't smoke and drink a lot so changing the car is one of our little treats that we look forward to.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2021, 04:21:52 PM »
If you fancy changing it and you can afford it without much hardship then just do it.

I've had a great deal of enjoyment with my various cars and we don't smoke and drink a lot so changing the car is one of our little treats that we look forward to.
R u thinking hybrid or pure electric. Was shocked at the price of electric jazz. For me hard to justify.  Sure they will come down when more are sold.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2021, 04:39:01 PM »

R u thinking hybrid or pure electric. Was shocked at the price of electric jazz. For me hard to justify.  Sure they will come down when more are sold.

Yes electric too much for us to justify as well but the hybrid would be just the job.
Electric only will come down in price eventually.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
Unless you're mainly doing local journeys and the charging infrastructure in your area is adequate, electric is not quite ready.

When considering a "do I wait?" problem, bear also in mind that inflation will generally erode cash savings faster than interest rates will grow them.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2021, 09:57:27 PM »
[/quote]
[/quote]

the jazz is hybrid the fully electric is the honda e  and with 120 miles range max its dead in the water for £30k

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
[/quote]

the jazz is hybrid the fully electric is the honda e  and with 120 miles range max its dead in the water for £30k
[/quote]

I would buy a s/h E for £6k. Any more is vanity spending.

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2021, 11:55:18 AM »
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes my thoughts exactly.   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:57:11 AM by Roddy0000 »

Tags: