Author Topic: MyHonda app ownership registration  (Read 880 times)

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
MyHonda app ownership registration
« on: October 03, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »
I’ve received an email from Honda regarding  confirmation that the car is still owned by me, otherwise the MyHonda app will cease to function in 14 days.
To confirm ownership, you must select code generation from the app, then a code is sent via message on the car’s touchscreen, which is valid for 10 minutes and must be entered in the app.
Process worked OK for me and received a confirmation email that registration was complete.
I also received an email stating the app was down for maintenance. Back up now but the usual mpg/mph error and trip fuel usage in litres issue remain!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 10:20:43 AM by IanG »

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Re: MyHonda app ownership registration
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 10:23:01 AM »
Do you have to pay for the app after it expires?
Just gathering info for when my Honda arrives.
Thanks.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 10:41:11 AM »
The core functions part is free I believe, you pay £30 or so for the journey part and £50 for the assistant after the first free year for new owners.

I've never registered for the free year of assistant as it doesn't look very good & Siri or android auto can do much more.

I'll likely pay for the journey subscription when the free year expires - it's really handy to have a log of your journeys, distance, time and MPG available on your phone.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 10:46:25 AM »
I use Google Timeline so I don't need any journey logs, especially when on subscription.

I had the original MyHonda app and I only opened it when I remembered, then it expired, then they made it obsolete.

Maybe just me but I don't see any cost benefit. Even the instant systems updates reminds me of Microsoft. Let everyone else get them first and if no adverse reports get them later via USB.
Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 07:03:31 PM »
The free version is of limited use. It provides the approximate vehicle location (street name, but no map), shows the fuel gauge and miles remaining at the end of the last trip and whether it thinks the doors are locked. There is a bug in the latter as the doors are usually unlocked when the engine was last stopped with a driver inside and the system doesn't automatically refresh the data when the doors get locked.

If Honda every fix the units problem in the journey display then I might consider paying £30/year but it's a year since I first reported the bug which should take only a few minutes to fix. Provision of software gets contracted to others.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 07:45:03 PM »
It shows a map on mine exactly where my car is parked.
Routes also show as maps

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 08:29:30 PM »
It shows a map on mine exactly where my car is parked.
Routes also show as maps
That level of detail ends unless you pay after the first year.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything