Author Topic: Android My Honda + App.  (Read 1367 times)

foxleys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybid EX 2021
Android My Honda + App.
« on: June 14, 2021, 07:05:06 PM »
Has anyone tried above app? For the current Jazz Hybrid.

Does it work for your Android phone?

Note, this question is for Android!

NOT Apple!

Thanks

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Android My Honda + App.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 10:24:22 PM »
Has anyone tried above app? For the current Jazz Hybrid.

Does it work for your Android phone?

Note, this question is for Android!

NOT Apple!

Thanks
I've tried it but my car needs a dealer to allow telematic communications according to the App so I won't be able to use it until I get a service

foxleys

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 10:44:16 PM »
I popped into my one & only dealer in Jersey today.

They enabled above in about 10 mins.

I went home & tried to get the my Honda + app.

Just got a message that the app was trying to configure itself to my car, waited 10 mins and gave up.

Message sent to the support email shown in play store.

Awaiting reply.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »
The telematics are enabled on my Jazz SR but Honda + App will on my Android phone will not connect to the car, I have tried the process several times and given up. In the My Car section my car is shown as unconnected.
Honda make a song and dance in the literature about the technology but the My Honda + App seems to be user hostile on my Android phone!

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 12:50:04 PM »
It took a few attempts for me. Telematics had been already turned on by the dealership.

It doesn't tell you that it doesn't like certain characters (eg. a plus sign) in email addresses. It'll let you register the account but you can't log in to it using the app.

foxleys

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 01:07:24 PM »
The telematics are enabled on my Jazz SR but Honda + App will on my Android phone will not connect to the car, I have tried the process several times and given up. In the My Car section my car is shown as unconnected.
Honda make a song and dance in the literature about the technology but the My Honda + App seems to be user hostile on my Android phone!
e

It seems to me the Android app is flaky (a well used IT term, not me saying this, please see the comments people are saying in Google Play store) a lot of bad comments, with Honda support reply saying email them for a fix.

As far as I am concerned, this is not fit for purpose.

By the way, I just spent an hour trying to reset the password (in case I’d made a mistake) followed the suggested password format, but could not.

Not impressed with My Honda +!

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 04:56:32 PM »
Rather than Honda support reply saying email them for a fix they need to get their act together and solve the problem and update the App. My free 1 year runs out at the end of June so I will not be wasting any more time trying to get an unfit for purpose App working. Honda Uk / Honda Europe need to improve their customer support service.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 09:16:15 PM »
They will struggle to get me to pay for to use software which still has the same bugs as when I first got it working eight months ago (Android phone) and now has the added bug of telling me that the car is unlocked when it locked. It will probably work OK when the Mk 5 Jazz arrives.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 10:32:59 PM »
I never understand why manufacturers don’t realise the damage they do to their reputations by not sorting out minor bugs in software etc. quickly and completely. VAG are also prone to this with many reports of radios crashing and needing constant re-setting. Why don’t they allocate the resources to get a quick and final resolution?

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 11:11:25 PM »
They will struggle to get me to pay for to use software which still has the same bugs as when I first got it working eight months ago (Android phone) and now has the added bug of telling me that the car is unlocked when it locked. It will probably work OK when the Mk 5 Jazz arrives.
You need to manually ask it for an update. When the arrows stop spinning, tap them and force an update. It then contacts the telematics unit.

Why opening the app doesn't do that automatically I have no idea!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 04:50:27 AM »
In a similar tech vein, the Civic facelift in 2015 which included changing the headunit from a trusty Alpine unit to an Android unit stopped me changing to a 2016 Civic.

The reports on Civinfo at the time were very worrying with crashes, reboots and other problems that took years to solve. Even now the old Android v 4.x is causing compatibility issues and I've yet to find anyone who has Mirrorlink working.
Let's be careful out there !

foxleys

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »
Finally got it working.

What a struggle, about 4 hours wasted!

Changed my password to confirm I was using the correct one, what a faff!

Password format was like going back 10 to 15years, very dated.

It also timed out three times as I was unable to enter required password format, grr.

Anyway it is working.

Mj0528

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crossstar
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 04:38:04 PM »
Finally after 6 weeks the Honda + app is working and have Connectivity with my car :)

Been in correspondence with Honda Customer Support Team on the matter but not hread or been updated if they resolved the app issue :(

Tags:

anything