Author Topic: Reversing camera for Honda SR Jazz  (Read 4042 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Reversing camera for Honda SR Jazz
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2021, 04:34:30 PM »

Best thing I did for wifes Jazz Si was fit 15" rims to replace 16".  Wider tyres generally more noisy as well.
So when I need to replace tyres I could also put 15" rims on my EX instead of the 16" - just wonder how much that would cost?!

When you choose a rim it puts it on car in picture,  you can change car colour by using 'change car finish' at upper right of car picture and spin it 360deg, 

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cw/rim-selector?share=&vehicle_ids=1255511986792305252&sortCode=price_asc&limit=&season=gan&type=alloy&price=
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 04:36:45 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

BestwoodRoadie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 Hybrid EX
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 08:41:23 AM »
While we're here, I've heard the ride on the EX is harsher than the Jazz's with smaller wheels (especially in places with crappy roads like London).  Do you have any opinion on this?
As I've come from driving a Mk2 EX with the same wheel size, I haven't noticed much difference in the ride in my Mk4 EX.
Ive moved up from the Mk3 ex to a new Mk4 ex, I really do feel that the Mk4 is a far far better ride with an awful lot less road noise.

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 05:15:06 PM »

Best thing I did for wifes Jazz Si was fit 15" rims to replace 16".  Wider tyres generally more noisy as well.

But with the Mk4 EX you are forced to take 16'' as that's what it comes with.  i don't think dealers would happily change a new EX to 15" for free - or am I wrong???

When you choose a rim it puts it on car in picture,  you can change car colour by using 'change car finish' at upper right of car picture and spin it 360deg, 

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cw/rim-selector?share=&vehicle_ids=1255511986792305252&sortCode=price_asc&limit=&season=gan&type=alloy&price=

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 12:02:13 AM »
Has anyone actually had a genuine Honda reverse camera fitted to a Jazz SR and if so any idea on costs and what’s involved.
Thanks in anticipation  :D

tfw7

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 72 Jazz SR
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2023, 08:53:00 AM »
I had the camera added as an extra when I bought it so it was installed before I collected the car, cost was £600ish I think
Not sure if they offer it as an after sale extra now.

Farrow

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2023, 06:48:38 PM »
Like above, I got mine fitted when I purchased it - it was £625 earlier in the year.

I've read earlier that the camera guidelines only show on the EX model which is not true as they appear with the SR too.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2023, 07:25:25 PM »
I really like our reversing camera on the EX, but to pay £625 to have one fitted...
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2023, 09:34:41 AM »
I really like our reversing camera on the EX, but to pay £625 to have one fitted...
Same here.  £625 is a significant  way towards the extra cost of an EX,which includes the camera, and some other goodies.  I might not strictly need all the  EX  goodies and luxuries ,but I dont mind experiencing a bit of decadence.  :P Sometimes  something I never thought I would need proves to be unexpectedly  nice to have.    Meanwhile ,used car  buyers like top of the range  so the trade in value of an EX is higher than an SR . How much  will an optional camera add to the trade value of an SR?      Would insurance companies include it in any valuation for a payout or replacement car  if the car is stolen or written off?  Especially if you have only paid the same premium as a standard SR.

But its a personal decision and despite my doubts might still be a shrewd move financially.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2023, 09:51:55 AM »
Would insurance companies include it in any valuation for a payout or replacement car  if the car is stolen or written off?  Especially if you have only paid the same premium as a standard SR.

Good point.  When I bought my Crosstar over, the phone, the dealer emailed an invoice to me.  Before delivery, I then ordered the dashcam and the dealer sent me another invoice.  When the car was written off 9 months later the insurance company replaced the car but said I would have to claim separately for the dashcam as it wasn't on the original invoice (albeit, the dashcam was fitted before I took delivery of the car.  They said I had to claim for it as contents and personal effects-from memory, I think the payment would have been capped and would not have covered the full cost.  When I queried this, the insurer then paid for the dashcam. Of course, dashcams are often touted as a safety feature and as protection in the event of a crash, so there should not be an increase in premium for a dashcam, whereas, maybe, there would be a small increase for a reversing camera.

Tags: