Author Topic: Right rear window stuck  (Read 1326 times)

Beaver

• Approved Member
Right rear window stuck
« on: June 06, 2021, 02:46:16 PM »
I have a 2012 model, right hand drive Jazz.   The rear right electric window is stuck in the fully closed position.
The 20A fuse at position 18 is serviceable and there is a soft "click" noise from the rear door when either the drivers door or rear right passenger switches are operated.   I have tried the "thump" to the window and also the manual forcing of the window (a hand each side of the glass) while someone operates the switches, with no success.

I'm thinking that the next step is to replace the window regulator.   Is there anyone on the forum with experience of the same fault?   Ideas welcomed.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Right rear window stuck
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »
This is a common problem on all makes of vehicle where rear windows don't get used,  they get stuck in the window guide channels.   Try running engine while you try to get window down as this gives a few more volts to motor.  It always happens on rear windows, partly because they never get used and partly because the more 'wedge' shape ( less vertical contact area in guides ) makes them less likely to stick.  When you do get windows to go down make sure you clean and lube the side guides with some  silicone spray ( not normal WD40 as that will make them stick even worse,  WD40 do make a silicone lube ).

If engine is at tickover when you try to lower the window you may well hear the engine slow down when you push the switch ( extra load on alternator ), this shows that power is getting to the motor.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11209.15

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:02:30 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Beaver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 05:33:25 PM »
Thank you for your suggestions and input - problem now solved!

No results from trying the window switches with the engine on or off.   Looking on YouTube, I stumbled across a video of someone with a Fit that had the LHD drivers window unable to close properly.   He demonstrated a "re-programming" of the window electrics using a sequence that featured the key in position 2 and then off, with the window operating switches on and off.   The sequence he used had to be repeated four times.

With nothing to lose, I tried this, and the window is now working as it should.   The channels have now been treated to a silicone spraying, as suggested (all windows, not just the problem one).

Once again, thank you.   

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 05:54:30 PM »
Thank you for your suggestions and input - problem now solved!

No results from trying the window switches with the engine on or off.   Looking on YouTube, I stumbled across a video of someone with a Fit that had the LHD drivers window unable to close properly.   He demonstrated a "re-programming" of the window electrics using a sequence that featured the key in position 2 and then off, with the window operating switches on and off.   The sequence he used had to be repeated four times.

With nothing to lose, I tried this, and the window is now working as it should.   The channels have now been treated to a silicone spraying, as suggested (all windows, not just the problem one).

Once again, thank you.   

Why not post a link to that youtube video for future people with a problem.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Droneranger

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 iDSi SE GE3 2007
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 06:15:40 PM »
Easy enough to find a guide on youtube.

Beaver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 08:35:21 PM »

[/quote]

Why not post a link to that youtube video for future people with a problem.
[/quote]

If I knew how to, I would have, but thanks to @Droneranger stepping in with his post, it's now showing.   I don't really "do" tech stuff!

Tags:

anything