Author Topic: Seen today  (Read 13681 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Seen today
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2020, 12:35:41 PM »
:D I think a horn is part of a cars character. A loud horn wouldn't suit the Jazz!

Next time I'm in the Jazz, I'll give it a 'poop poop' and feel like Mr Toad!  ;)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2020, 02:16:09 PM »
To begin with, the horns were the normal red, but I later painted the horns black. Camouflage!

Given the size of those horns and the car being rear engined, I want to know did you ever achieve VTOL ??  :D

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2020, 03:29:59 PM »
Good for doing wheelies!

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2020, 05:26:32 PM »
A photo of the Suffolk coast looking lovely just before dusk today. We are off into lockdown tier 4, so this is my last view of the sea for 2020.  :( Here's hoping we can get back to normal soon.  :)

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2021, 09:21:53 AM »
Saw a car this morning with the reg FK51 FEK. Don't know if FEK was his initials, or the whole thing was just how he feels.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2021, 11:30:17 AM »
I was looking out of the window yesterday, and a Citroen BX drove past!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2021, 11:46:32 AM »
This morning I was overtaken by a Honda e. First I have seen in the flesh. Looks a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2021, 01:05:25 PM »
Neighbours at my last house, so over 22 years ago, had one of these. Lovely car but not the most reliable even then.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2021, 01:25:35 PM »
Neighbours at my last house, so over 22 years ago, had one of these. Lovely car but not the most reliable even then.

Yes, they were a bit wobbly. Brother had one as a family car, to be fair it only ever let them down once when on holiday - the exhaust fell off driving on/off the ferry, can't remember which.

I do remember that after several years happy motoring, he sold it on to someone local... and a week later the main spider return pipe broke, spewing all the hydraulic fluid all over the road  :-[

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2021, 01:46:06 PM »
The XM in that add has a lots of suspension work done at Pleiades of Sawtry. They have a fantastic reputation and really know there stuff.

I've never bought from the vendor, but I have had a phone call with him on another car I was interested in. He strikes me as an honest bloke, and if you read the add he mentions the warts that the car has. which is most unlike a motor trader these days.

An 2.1 TD XM.   8) I am so tight, I can't get near to £4k for the old bus though. I've got it in my bookmarks, and if post lock down it drops, I may well go and have a look as he is only an hour away from me. If it was £2495, I'd be starting a "Look at what I've just bought" thread.  :D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2021, 02:19:33 PM »
An 2.1 TD XM.   8) I am so tight, I can't get near to £4k for the old bus though. I've got it in my bookmarks, and if post lock down it drops, I may well go and have a look as he is only an hour away from me. If it was £2495, I'd be starting a "Look at what I've just bought" thread.  :D

It's a lot of money, and a big mileage, but good ones are rare now, especially as that's a late phase 1 car which had all the electrical earthing maladies... I prefer the look of the phase 1 though, and the interior and unconventional dash. Mine was almost identical apart from the colour.

Those seats are supremely comfortable on long journeys.

The suspension on the XM was pretty bullet proof if kept in good order and serviced regularly, the pipework was much better quality than the BX, and all plastic coated.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:21:13 PM by sparky Paul »

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2021, 05:05:26 PM »
I hadn't noticed the mileage. Works out at 8k mpa, so at least the old girl has been used. Its got Michelin tyres, nice wheels and five windows each side. Lovely colour and a boot spoiler.  :) Such a good looking car.

The interior of that car just looks lovely. It would be a nice place to be on your trip to Shetland. It would make a great companion for a cruise from Calair to St Tropez.  8)

My CX had the rolling drum dials and rocker switch indicatiors. I never got bored of the dials and the rocker switch was so intuitive to use day to day. Radio between the seats was bonkers though.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2021, 05:19:43 PM »
I've never owned a Citroen though my last works van was a Citroen Berlingo and it was a pleasant and comfortable drive.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2021, 05:31:00 PM »
The MK1 Berlingo have a bit of a cult following these days. The 2.0 HDi engined version of those are capable of racking up proper mileage. I've seen them with 300k+  :)

My Mum has a Peugeot Partner in Spain. Its 15 yrs old now and never gone wrong, which is impressive because my Mum is very hard on cars with zippo mechanical sympathy! :D Easy to get into and loads of room for her dogs too. I understand the newer ones are not as good. 

Tags: