Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: ACC
« Last post by Jazzik on September 15, 2021, 06:30:23 PM »
Maybe it has to do with "covering our @$$ in case something goes wrong"?  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / MkIV AVAS
« Last post by Karoq on September 15, 2021, 06:24:10 PM »
I forgot to mention......... when i drove the Crosstar the other day, I listened intently, with the window down, for the AVAS and it didn't make a sound. So much for the regs!

All the Hondas I have owned have been ultra quiet. I used to scare pedestrians weaving all over the place in Tesco car park, because they never heard me coming.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda breakdown and accident assistance AA roadwatch
« Last post by Derkie54 on September 15, 2021, 05:58:28 PM »
When we bought our new Jazz a few weeks ago the deal came with five years Honda breakdown and accident assistance. Previously we have been with the AA and that expires at the end of the month. We are in two minds whether to cancel the AA cover, which has been great for the past five years - including fixing flat tyres on our drive - or whether to save a couple of hundred quid and use the new Honda cover. My question is whether the Honda breakdown cover is any good. Has anyone got it, had to use it, and got any experience of how good it is?

You can freeze your AA membership until the Honda warranty expires, I've done that several times.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Fuel consumption from full tank to empty vs frequent refill.
« Last post by zzaj on September 15, 2021, 05:55:05 PM »
 I thought the increasing rate of decline was something to do with Hysteresis affecting the float in the petrol tank.

Not really my subject.

Others may know better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteresis
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Enjoyment of driving the Mk4 Jazz
« Last post by zzaj on September 15, 2021, 05:42:00 PM »
My wife recently did a double doughnut in reverse in an automatic.

She didn't mean to!

Women!  ;)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda breakdown and accident assistance AA roadwatch
« Last post by Downsizer on September 15, 2021, 05:40:03 PM »
I used Honda Assist twice in my MK 2, and was very happy with the service.  First time was on the road, near home, when the engine just died and would not restart.  AA man scratched his head as system would not talk to him, and then disconnected and reconnected the battery (always a good thing to try with a computer!) and the problem disappeared.  AA then followed me to nearest dealer for a diagnostic check, which found nothing wrong.  Second time was at home when I had left the inside light on and battery was dead.  AA checked battery (6 years old) and advised a new one, which he then fitted and just charged me for the battery (70).  I do not have separate breakdown cover, having left RAC when I bought the Jazz.
« Last post by sportse on September 15, 2021, 05:30:50 PM »
It's great in normal traffic, but not so good in traffic that is speeding up and slowing down very quickly.

As the Honda Jazz bible tells us: ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow may not work properly under certain circumstances.

Do not use ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow under the following conditions:

and... point 1
On roads with heavy traffic or while driving in a slow moving traffic jam

It's a strange thing for them to say, when it's a feature that many cars are advertised as having it specifically to use exactly in those situations.
The miles remaining definitely disappears faster over the final 50 miles range left or so.

My first full tank I was running down and thought there was plenty for the journey but I had to drive slower with econ selected to make it to a closer petrol station than I had planned on.
but there'll be a good safety margin after Zero miles remaining is reached - 2-3 litres I would think.
« Last post by Jazzik on September 15, 2021, 05:08:49 PM »
It's great in normal traffic, but not so good in traffic that is speeding up and slowing down very quickly.

As the Honda Jazz bible tells us: ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow may not work properly under certain circumstances.

Do not use ACC with Low Speed ​​Follow under the following conditions:

and... point 1
On roads with heavy traffic or while driving in a slow moving traffic jam
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]