Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: specifications
« Last post by Kremmen on April 22, 2024, 06:30:16 AM »
Dashcams are a pain to wire as ideally they need the Option Connector to help hide the wiring

Using the fag socket with a wire draping up and across the dash is a big no no for me

Heated seats and steering wheel, never used them. Always found my body heat does a perfectly good job.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: specifications
« Last post by Hicardo on April 21, 2024, 09:17:59 PM »
We've all gone soft.  Heated steering wheels and seats - love them, but surely in the category of luxury we can 'easily' live without.  We all used to live without them.  However we used to live without parking sensors and reverse cameras, but I'd find those a lot harder to give up!!  The thing I'd really not like to be without now is adaptive cruise.  Faux or real leather - absolutely couldn't care less - rather have nice cloth seats.  As for auto-dimming rear view mirrors.  I have NEVER found one that I think is any good on any car.  Much prefer manual dimming mirrors.  I know loads of people love them - each to their own!!   Dash cams - like to try one. Currently have a camera recording sticker in the rear window which seems to work quite well, I guess cost / ease of fitting has put me off so far, but I will take the plunge soon  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Which suspension parts to Torque under load?
« Last post by c.lday44 on April 21, 2024, 09:13:35 PM »
Hi all, Doing a few bits to my car soon and I wanted to know which suspension parts you'd generally torque under load (EG: Car on ground with weight on suspension)? I'm doing drop links and strut top mount bushes, I'll need to do ball joints at some point too.

I know rule of thumb is generally bushings get torqued under load, I've also heard anything that moves?

Thanks!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Disc and tyre wear figures.
« Last post by Hicardo on April 21, 2024, 09:07:49 PM »
Interesting.  So a figure like <20% (using the less than sign) leaves us no idea how to translate into 'average' annual pad and disc wear.  I've done almost 30K in nearly 3 years.  Service booked in 2 weeks, so will be interesting to see what comes out in terms of brake wear.  My old hybrid Toyota Auris from 2014 at 6 years old with a similar-ish year on year mileage as the Crosstar, was still on original front pads and discs.  :)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Nicksey on April 21, 2024, 08:46:40 PM »
Nomis, will you mention this to the Honda dealer?

I think we would all be interested to hear their response.
« Last post by nomis on April 21, 2024, 07:06:53 PM »
This issue is really putting me off Honda as a brand. Last September I took delivery of a new Jazz Advance Sport originally intended to replace a 15 year old Fiesta. In the end it was the 10 year old Mondeo estate which went. I no longer needed such a large car, and the Jazz is great at what it does (though the Mondi was a much quicker and quieter motorway cruiser). I'm now in the market for a good used motor to replace the Fiesta (which turned 16 in March).

A relative has an auto Mk3 Jazz which is nice enough but feels gutless in comparison to the hybrid Mk4. As such I was looking for a good low mileage 2020 Mk4 but am now having second thoughts. Apart from a broken coil spring caused by a pothole (which was cheap as chips to have replaced) the Fiesta has never let me down. If it looks at all likely that I'll be facing a fight over a £2,000+ repair bill for what is quite frankly poor design or manufacturing on Honda's part then I'm going to look elsewhere.

Any car can develop a fault. The Mondi suffered a failed sensor on the high-pressure fuel line outside of warranty. It's how the fault is handled that matters. Ford used to throw in free AA cover with a main dealer service, so it cost me nothing to transport the car and myself the 100 miles from where I broke down (at 8pm on a Sunday evening) to my local dealer. The fault was fixed in 3 days and the dealer only charged for the part and the labour to fit it. They waived the cost of diagnosis (which included dropping and flushing the fuel tank) as a goodwill gesture.

I'm in no particular hurry, but if Honda doesn't issue a recall in the next few months then I suspect I'll be handing over my hard earned to a Ford or Toyota dealer rather than a Honda one. And unless Honda will confirm that later model are unaffected then the Jazz I already own could well be looking for a new home too.
Watch for rust around the rear petrol filler cap...Mud builds up above the pipe and....

Is there an easy way to check and see if there is mud build-up (and clean it out) before it becomes a problem?
Easiest way is to jack up car at rear (no need to remove wheel ), take gloved hand and feel for mud on top of the box section holding the filler pipe/filler assembly. This is is a grovel job on your knees so a kneeling pad and a light help. A jetwash will help but if the corrosion is bad, you may end up making holes....

I use a jetwash, then an ordinary hose, let it dry and smothered it all in wax oslution to keep it dry.
« Last post by pauly58 on April 21, 2024, 11:14:50 AM »
I noticed on the tail gate struts stamped Made in China, I wonder if this brake simulator is the same, it's seems the usual story, not made in Japan, assembled in Japan might be nearer the truth. This is what has ruined BMW & so many of the European companies, using Chinese parts that are rubbish.

I was After Sales Manager at a Nissan dealer a few years ago, sensors failing all the time, the ones that came in Renault boxes could even fail again, genuine Nissan stamped Nippon Denso were fine. Renault destroyed Nissan.
I sought out a manual shift when choosing my pre-owned 1.3 Mk 3, although I had read that the CVT transmission has a slightly better fuel consumption.  On first acquaintance, I felt as though I was paddling the car along with the gear shift in order to make progress.  However, that said, the 6-speed gearbox is smooth and a joy to use and I am well pleased with a petrol consumption approaching 60 mpg when cruising on the motorway.
Watch for rust around the rear petrol filler cap...Mud builds up above the pipe and....

Is there an easy way to check and see if there is mud build-up (and clean it out) before it becomes a problem?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
anything