Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
On a regular 10 mile cross country trip, mostly country lanes, no motorways, I'm currently getting around 70mpg in my Mk4 EX, but max speed not much more than about 45mph.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Horrible horn
« Last post by Kremmen on July 26, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »
I used to sport a Tandy bull horn some years ago but I forgot to remove it when p/x
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Is crosstar worth the price ?
« Last post by Kremmen on July 26, 2021, 08:39:43 AM »
It must be an optical illusion but the CS looks somewhat larger than the Jazz side by side.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Is crosstar worth the price ?
« Last post by Jocko on July 26, 2021, 08:29:47 AM »
All 30mm of it....... :-X
The difference of up to your bottom lip or up to your nose!
« Last post by Jocko on July 26, 2021, 08:27:52 AM »
I remember when every second car had a D of H horn, then they changed the regs so that all notes had to sound together. My Maserati air horns were just two discordant notes.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: New car + Breakdown
« Last post by Steve_M on July 26, 2021, 07:57:39 AM »
With the ignition just on, e.g. 2 presses of the power button without putting foot on the brake, then the 12v battery wont be being charged by the DC/DC converter, same as if it was a ICE with engine OFF but the ignition on.
For the 12v battery to be charged the drive ready symbol (Green car with double headed arrow underneath) needs to be showing on the dash, this will only be shown if the power button pressed with foot on the brake, depending on the situation the engine may run/not run.

The system needs the 12v battery to have power to then use the HV battery to start the engine.
« Last post by ColinB on July 26, 2021, 07:25:37 AM »
Had my new  Jazz Hybrid (EX trim) for 6 days (yesterday) & had to call Honda recovery.
Car on driveway so I went out to it with intention to get familiar with the dashboard/comms, I was attempting to pair my iPhone (not the apple car play) which was already done, messing with various settings & all of a sudden all electrics went off, with window half way open.
Called assistance they came & the guy diagnosed the battery had gone flat, it was jus started then all was ok.
Bottom line is that before messing with settings etc, have the engine running, I didn't, just had the ignition switched on.
The AA guy said that this was probably the cause of the flat battery, but surely after 6 days it should not flatten????, Any thoughts????

Curious. Presumably youíre talking about the 12V battery? Others have commented firstly that the 12V battery is charged from the HV system, not directly from the engine, and secondly that the 12V battery doesnít start the engine, thatís done by the HV system. So the 12V battery ought to be charging when the car is turned on (equivalent to ignition on in a pure ICE) even if the engine isnít actually running. If the 12V wasn't charging, that implies the HV battery was dead as well ... in which case how was the car started?

Re. your final question, as Kremmen says it depends on the charge state of the battery. A brand new, fully charged, 12V battery ought to last several weeks before it starts to under-perform. Are you absolutely sure nothing was left switched on ... in the Mk3 the map reading lights are the usual suspects.
« Last post by Kremmen on July 26, 2021, 06:58:30 AM »
Dealers only usually charge the battery to a low state of charge.

My 2 8G Civics had a battery with a window that showed the charge and they took about 3 weeks doing 40 miles a weekday before the battery was showing full charge in the window.

When I get mine it's going straight on a CTEK
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / New car + Breakdown
« Last post by BestwoodRoadie on July 26, 2021, 06:41:45 AM »
Had my new  Jazz Hybrid (EX trim) for 6 days (yesterday) & had to call Honda recovery.
Car on driveway so I went out to it with intention to get familiar with the dashboard/comms, I was attempting to pair my iPhone (not the apple car play) which was already done, messing with various settings & all of a sudden all electrics went off, with window half way open.
Called assistance they came & the guy diagnosed the battery had gone flat, it was jus started then all was ok.
Bottom line is that before messing with settings etc, have the engine running, I didn't, just had the ignition switched on.
The AA guy said that this was probably the cause of the flat battery, but surely after 6 days it should not flatten????, Any thoughts????
« Last post by WelshBeauty on July 25, 2021, 10:30:06 PM »
If I had my way I woujld fit a claxon under the bonnet. Trouble is, that dinky Jazz 'motorbike' battery would expire.
I was thinking more Dukes Of Hazzard, really popular with the Woke Patrol.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
anything