Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Is crosstar worth the price ?
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 05:39:51 AM »
Just a thought ...... with nowhere to store a spare maybe this latest Jazz should have come shod with runflats ?

The drawback would be a firmer ride though.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Rear brake pads
« Last post by monkeydave on August 01, 2021, 11:45:47 PM »
i think the rears are turning the calipers not sure which way though

i used to use LM grease and it stopped squeaks great, i tried copper grease once and it squealled really bad

i am taking many years ago since i did my own brakes
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Rear brake pads
« Last post by davejazz on August 01, 2021, 11:23:27 PM »
Greetings to all,

I am reasonably handy with a bag of spannerís, and wish to replace my rear pads.
I have had my 1.3 auto. with sat nav. for 3 years, and itís just had its 5 year service, at the main dealers. I am really happy with it, the only betterment, would be its ability to climb gradients on the motorways, without me having to take a run at them!

On the last service a couple of weeks ago, they sent a mini video afterwards, showing the condition of the rear brakes. They described them as breaking up and dangerous. I could see that yes indeed, the leading edge did look chipped with lumps out of it. I would add that I am light on the brakes, and the mileage is low at 16000. The discs have 5 years of use, and 5 years of rust! I havenít had the wheels off yet to check the disc condition, due to a few points, that someone here can probably answer.

As my car is parked on my level drive, I leave it in ďparkĒ with the handbrake off.
This saves the loud clunk, as they release, after attaching themselves to the discs, if they were damp. This is all well and good, but I think that my light usage isnít helping. To clean off the disc rust, and to give the pads a non glazed surface, on a quiet bit of road, at 20mph, I apply the handbrake only, to bring me to a stop. People more knowledgeable than me, may say thatís the reason, for the leading or trailing edge,(Iím unsure which) being chipped. Time to stop this practice?!!!

Right, my questions are:
Do I need 2 different types of lubricant, for the metal edges of the pads where they locate in the guides;  and the lubrication of the guide pins?
Secondly, to retract the piston for the new pads, do I have to turn it at the same time as compressing it, and if so, is that clock or anti-clockwise?
Finally, a recommendation please, for a decent brand of pads.

Many thanks in anticipation

David.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: July 19th.
« Last post by embee on August 01, 2021, 11:02:18 PM »
......in fact UK lockdowns started after the peak of each wave,  so infections already dropping when lockdown came in. 

Ermmm ...............
https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/sites/default/files/timeline-lockdown-web.pdf
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

I like to use death data because reported positive cases depends on how many tests were done, who presented etc

Lockdown1 on 23rd Mar 2020, peak death rate (7 day ave) April 13th, i.e. 3 weeks after the lockdown indicating peak infections were at date of lockdown, give or take a day or 2 (3 week delay between infection and death typically)

Lockdown2 on 5th Nov 2020, peak death rate on Nov 28th, i.e. 3 weeks after the lockdown indicating peak infections were at date of lockdown, give or take a day or 2

Lockdown3 on 6th Jan 2021, peak death rate on Jan 24th, i.e. 3 weeks after the lockdown indicating peak infections were at date of lockdown, give or take a day or 2

The data suggests that the peak infection rates were pretty much at the date of lockdown, falling after that.

Of course these 3 events timelines could be complete coincidence, or the data could be absolute nonsense and made up by the authorities .............
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Covid 19 enquiry.
« Last post by WelshBeauty on August 01, 2021, 10:48:31 PM »
I certainly do not trust any Doctor, scientist, expert or Professor, all of whom appear, these days, to be of very low calibre.

I cannot understand how Doctors are afraid to see sick patients. Why is the NHS infection control so very bad that such a high proportion of deaths are from all sorts of infections are contracted in NHS Hospitals? Florence Nightingale would be horrified. If NHS Hospitals were private Hospitals they would have their operating licences suspended or be closed.

I cannot understand why anyone believes an "expert", particularly about the climate.

Scientists are always only looking for their next funding tranche.

Every academic seems to be Professor. I do feel for those who do deserve the title.

As said, keep an open mind - but don't lean forward or your brain will fall out.  ;D
Bang on mate. There is way to much reverence for these so-called experts. Most of them are worthless narcissists enjoying the attention.
You are your own expert, believe in yourself.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Bring my GK to UK
« Last post by John Ratsey on August 01, 2021, 10:31:43 PM »
I suspect that the Jazz Sport would better suit your expectations than the basic Jazz which tends to be a bit sluggish unless you work the engine hard. Here's an example https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars/honda/jazz/15-i-vtec-sport-5-door-pbcmxm5 .
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Is crosstar worth the price ?
« Last post by John Ratsey on August 01, 2021, 10:20:12 PM »
Good point John. However, The new Jazz broke this reputation with the small boot. Only 298 liter in the crosstar and without the sparewheel space
I agree that the boot isn't very generous which I think is a side-effect of the very generous rear seat legroom. This feature arrived with the Mk 3 Jazz and might have been because someone in Honda decided that it should be possible to flat fold the rear seats without removing the head rests. If the rear seats aren't in use then there's a load more baggage space, particularly if the seats are folded into cinema mode.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda v. Toyota hybrid system
« Last post by Expatman on August 01, 2021, 10:14:20 PM »
I just wish the major Motor magazines car reviewers would watch those videos so they understood the way the Honda hybrid system works. It is patently obvious from the reviews I read both on-line and in the magazines that few, if any, car testers have any idea how it works!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Covid 19 enquiry.
« Last post by zzaj on August 01, 2021, 09:01:34 PM »
I certainly do not trust any Doctor, scientist, expert or Professor, all of whom appear, these days, to be of very low calibre.

I cannot understand how Doctors are afraid to see sick patients. Why is the NHS infection control so very bad that such a high proportion of deaths are from all sorts of infections are contracted in NHS Hospitals? Florence Nightingale would be horrified. If NHS Hospitals were private Hospitals they would have their operating licences suspended or be closed.

I cannot understand why anyone believes an "expert", particularly about the climate.

Scientists are always only looking for their next funding tranche.

Every academic seems to be Professor. I do feel for those who do deserve the title.

As said, keep an open mind - but don't lean forward or your brain will fall out.  ;D

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Your Next Car ?
« Last post by 123Drive! on August 01, 2021, 08:50:48 PM »
Been looking at the Corsa E 2014-2019.auto.. purely on Insurance costs and level of equipment-I want a car with auto self dimming mirror. Unfortunately, although there are many about, prices have shot up loke all used cars. Anyone had one of these?
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all the please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Cheers Dan but unfortunately London post code is high for your company
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything