Author Topic: My Honda App  (Read 4320 times)

iainsd

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
Re: My Honda App
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 05:12:48 PM »
Hi, got the My Honda Dongle fitted today and only took 15 mins. Works well on Android on my Samsung Note 8.

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 12:10:07 PM »
Amazed my dealer actually phoned me to say can now get it fitted.

How easy it is to unplug? Is it literally just in the ODB2 socket

dogbiscuit

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 06:23:32 PM »
How easy it is to unplug? Is it literally just in the ODB2 socket

Yes, quite easy - I’ve unplugged mine and re-inserted it on request of Honda Customer Service during their investigation as to why it was not working.

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »
UPDATE So had it fitted over weekend..... technically I love it - maps each and every journey the missus makes....the black box driving scoring I didn't like - strong braking / strong acceleration lol - yes I need to pedal it to get onto the motorway at decent speed....

From GDPR /technology point of view I really dislike how much data is getting sent to Honda - so all journey info (with time parked up) / black box driving info but like its been discussed why else would Honda be giving the dongle/service for free?

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 05:06:49 PM »
I declined the Honda App had some reservations about all my driving data going to Honda.

I wonder if you are in accident if the Insurance Company or the Police can demand to see the data pertaining to the incident?

Big Brother or not!

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 05:38:47 PM »
I wonder if you are in accident if the Insurance Company or the Police can demand to see the data pertaining to the incident?
Yes. The Ts&Cs - which a user will have agreed to in having the system - specifically allow Honda to pass data to law enforcement if requested. Unclear whether that requires some sort of warrant or court order, or if they can just do it, but they don’t have to ask the user’s permission because it’s already been given.

Not sure about insurance companies, but if they know this data exists and that having access to it might allow them to deny a claim, why wouldn’t they try to get it ? Just wait for “Sorry sir, your data shows you were doing 30mph in a 20mph zone so your insurance isn’t valid”. But then I’ve been accused of being paranoid ...

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
But then I’ve been accused of being paranoid ...

You and me both Colin, you don't get ought for nought and data is big business these days so they can afford to give stuff away in return for access to customers data.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 07:05:28 PM »
LP I know it is a different system and the information is kept within the car until it is downloaded, but have you read the bit about Event data recorders and Service diagnostic recorders on page one of the user manual? The Service event recorder sounds like a warranty validation device. In the case of a huge claim I would expect the insurance companies to want access to any car mounted recorders.

Tags: