Author Topic: Grey/white seats.  (Read 1089 times)

Steve P

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX
Grey/white seats.
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »
Hello all,

I test drove a Jazz yesterday and was hugely impressed, so much so I'll probably be ordering one soon.
The car I drove was an EX in grey, which had the grey(white) seats and dash.

I really like these colours, but am a little concerned at how easy the seats are to keep clean and resist getting grubby.

Anyone on here with these colours with any experience of this ?

JazzMusic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV Exec
Re: Grey/white seats.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »
The car is too new to have any experience so far. I'd choose the one I like.

BTW I don't get on with the seats very well, I had to use foam as an adapter between my back and the seat. Now it's better.

Steve P

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »
That's a fair point JazzMusic, think I'll just go for the grey one as I like the lighter interior.

I drove the test car for around an hour and found the seats great, but it's good to know there are solutions if they are a problem on a long drive.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 09:05:17 PM »
Your dealer will probably offer you Scotchgard or similar treatment https://www.scotchgard.com/3M/en_US/scotchgard/ as an extra cost or you can investigate finding a car valeting outfit which would likely be less expensive.

I found I needed to put a cushion on the seat squab. I'm not so tall (5' 7") and after raising the driver's seat to a comfortable height with good visibility I found that too much weight was on my thighs with insufficient support of my backside. It's not something I noticed on a 1 hour test drive but became aware of the problem on my first two hour journey.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JazzMusic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV Exec
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 10:18:59 AM »
The middle section is the culprit in my case. Or too much support of the lower section where the hips touch. Because of this the seat offers very little support when driving through corners at a higher speed, at least for me. It fits much better in the Type R seats. But everyone's different and I had a big problem with my spine just recently. So I'm still quite sensitive.

I went with the black interior because the contrast of white/grey/black was a little bit too much for me. If you like it just go for it.

Tags: