Author Topic: Electric cars  (Read 693776 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Electric cars
« Reply #825 on: March 06, 2018, 01:52:59 PM »
Now this is the interesting bit:

"As for the range, the TS2 can travel 100 km (62 miles) on a single charge. Charging can be done in about 2 hours through level 2 charging with an onboard charger and the company says that it will also offer a DC fast-charging option for 80% charge in 20 minutes.
While the range might not seem like much, it’s actually quite impressive when you consider that Taiga claims the vehicle will maintain this range even at -30 Celsius."

My bold italics.

Amazing . Does that claim include using the heater? If not, it's just bull excrement as no-one in their right minds would travel at -30C and not use the heater.

For those that want heating there is an optional stove that you can tow behind that will burn logs and dried polar bear or reindeer pooh. I guess you would have to take some dogs along as well as a source of propulsion.  I bet any one driving that machine would be dressed up like an Eskimo anyway.

$15,000 is a truly premium price for a snowmobile when you can get them from $5,000 to $10,000. 

Can't even carry spare fuel either, do they provide a mobile wind turbine that you can tow behind as well for emergency charging.  Out in the wild is the last place you want to run out of power,  this vehicle looks like more of an urban fun transport for city tree huggers ( question, do tree huggers know the meaning of fun, discuss ).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:13:06 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #826 on: March 06, 2018, 03:38:01 PM »
Amazing . Does that claim include using the heater? If not, it's just bull excrement as no-one in their right minds would travel at -30C and not use the heater.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:41:13 PM by Jocko »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #827 on: March 07, 2018, 11:40:39 AM »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #828 on: March 07, 2018, 01:15:09 PM »
Looks like there may be a need for petrochemicals when AVs become the norm.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #829 on: March 07, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
That looks like a South African anti-carjacking device,  just hit the big button on the dashboard and 'whhoomphh' - people rarely stopped for red traffic lights in certain areas..... 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »
That looks like a South African anti-carjacking device
That is exactly what it is.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #831 on: March 09, 2018, 09:26:45 AM »
I doubt that I shall be able to afford an electric car. By the time they are within the reach of the many, my licence will be revoked due to age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( My last eye test, after Christmas showed 20/20 with glasses) Nevertheless as I am a wrinkly some one will perceive me to be a danger.
Now I have had my moan:  This am local TV. A man on Dartmoor has devised a method of powering an electric car by his electrolyte and aluminium. The plan is the batteries will be exchanged rather than charged and a provisional
distance is 1500 miles. He states as aluminium is cheap?? and plentiful it will make the system achievable. Perhaps he hasn't heard Mr Trumps idea of surcharges on aluminium

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #832 on: March 09, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »
Is that the same guy who came up with the pills you dissolved in water, for running a petrol engined car?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #833 on: March 09, 2018, 01:10:09 PM »
I doubt that I shall be able to afford an electric car. By the time they are within the reach of the many, my licence will be revoked due to age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( My last eye test, after Christmas showed 20/20 with glasses) Nevertheless as I am a wrinkly some one will perceive me to be a danger.

I might be in the same boat. Paid just under £13,000 for my Jazz and that's comfortably the most I've ever paid for a car. It's going to be quite a few years before the higher range EVs (apart from the Zoe which I don't like) get into my price bracket. I'm a bit sad because the Nissan Leaf is a great drive especially in the urban environment.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #834 on: March 09, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »
I am hoping, sometime shortly, to make my final ever car purchase. All things going to plan it will be a new Nissan Leaf (unless an EV that is better and cheaper comes along). That is my current view of the future.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #835 on: March 09, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »
I've driven the outgoing Leaf but not the new one. I have seen the new one at our local Nissan dealers and was very impressed with fit and finish, comfort and everything else. A genuine 150 miles and much better acceleration. The old Leaf was very quick off the lights. I think this new one will see off most boy racers (up to 40 anyway) if that's your thing.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #836 on: March 09, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
I think this new one will see off most boy racers (up to 40 anyway)

Is that 40mph, or 40 years old?  ;D

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #837 on: March 09, 2018, 10:56:04 PM »
I think this new one will see off most boy racers (up to 40 anyway)

Is that 40mph, or 40 years old?  ;D

40 miles! Ha ha.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #838 on: March 10, 2018, 11:11:36 AM »
I have no idea whether or not it is the same person who invented a pill to add to water.
It was reported on Breakfast BBC local news and whilst he was talking behind him was a drinks can two wires and a small fan.
One can only be a cynic about so much. I am not a chemist BUT given what can be done with chemicals these days, I feel we have to have a certain amount of trust.
Whilst on the subject of chemicals and what they can do Salisbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #839 on: March 10, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: