Author Topic: De Vries calls in Receivers!  (Read 13754 times)

guest745

Re: De Vries calls in Receivers!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 08:30:49 PM »
Ive not had anything from the Scarborough branch - although DeVries used to send us stuff. Maybe Marshalls have seen that we have not been down that often, mainly using the competitors in Harrogate.

You going down ? I should be in York on Saturday afternoon if I get time.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:47 PM »
Maybe see you there! We hope to get there for a freebie!

guest745

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
I have my Marshalls letter now - they are certainly giving the right impression in their paperwork. They sound as though they want to do deals.

They say they have all the old staff there - doing deals may be an alien thing to them (in my personal opinion). Marshall management will have to brain wash them !

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 06:53:45 AM »
Mern, In a nut shell "they ain't interested" however as the present situation worsens they may not have much of an alternative. Dealerships are going bust left right and centre around here.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
Just had me first visit to Marshalls. Not too impressed!
Stood behind a guy bringing his Civic for some work and the reception guy didn't half make him jump through hoops as to why he thought the front pads needed replacing!
Then it was my turn. Went to them to get my 'cherished' plates made up. Presented him with the Certificate issued by the DVLA and my photocard licence. He then said he wanted a utility bill or my passport etc. I pointed out to him that the Certificate listed what was acceptable and that a photo card licence was on the list. Not good enough for him though.
I said that if they didn't want the job I'd go elsewhere, and I'd bought the car from them so they already knew me. Eventually he folded but what a palaver!

Tags:

anything