Author Topic: Spare wheel foam insert  (Read 13155 times)

jazzyb88

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz
Spare wheel foam insert
« on: May 08, 2024, 09:25:02 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone have the foam insert for sale for the space saver wheel on a 2015-2018 Jazz? If not, I will go down the route of creating something myself (I have read the older threads on here about using ply). Just wanted to ask as wanted to keep it stock  :)

Thanks

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Spare wheel foam insert
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 09:39:58 AM »
Best bet ask at your local breakers yard, or if you wish try online auction sites.

jazzyb88

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 01:22:37 PM »
Nothing on ebay at the moment. Breakers is a good shout - though imagine it will be hard to come by as it never came standard with the MK3 onwards

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.41
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 08:51:20 PM »
Had one the attached for sale for ages on here - gave to user elsewhere - you can get part number from pic if needed

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2024, 09:51:25 AM »
I had a problem finding one , in the end managed to get a used one cheap from a Honda dealer.
They were available new but around £150

I posted a couple of pics in the thread
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=14674.msg120313#msg120313

jazzyb88

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024, 10:40:07 AM »
I had a problem finding one , in the end managed to get a used one cheap from a Honda dealer.
They were available new but around £150

I posted a couple of pics in the thread
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=14674.msg120313#msg120313

Even though £150 is steep, the dealers I rang around me are all quoting £350 for a a full kit including the tyre. Perhaps the foam is £150 of that but they couldn't split the cost for some reason.

I think I will just have to fashion something myself or keep a watch on ebay as someone will eventually sell one.

Gzbev

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 07:41:55 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone have the foam insert for sale for the space saver wheel on a 2015-2018 Jazz? If not, I will go down the route of creating something myself (I have read the older threads on here about using ply). Just wanted to ask as wanted to keep it stock  :)

Thanks

I have one and based in the West Midlands, are you close?

jazzyb88

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2024, 08:24:51 PM »
Hi,

Thanks

I have one and based in the West Midlands, are you close?

Just on the outskirts of the M25, close to Watford. Is a courier an option? Otherwise might have to wait for something to turn up closer  ::)

Gzbev

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 07:31:16 PM »
It’s quite bulky to courier.

I’m in no rush, see what turns up nearer you, perhaps I could meet you half way if you’re really stuck for one

I don’t come on this site very often so if you are interested, you could email me at gazbev@hotmail.com.

Cheers and good luck,

Gary

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2024, 10:24:23 AM »
I find it perfectly adequate  wrapping  items individually for extra padding and  to stop them rattling then pack them into the wheel  centre.. 

Or you could try casting your own  foam insert using a spray can of builders gap filling foam.  Use the spare wheel centre  as a mould .Protect the wheel and to help with releasing the casting   by lining it  with polythene .  You could either make the mould more elaborate by using removable ice cream tubs etc to precast it with suitable  compartments,  or cast it solid and cut out compartments once its hardened. 

Just an idea. I've never actually done it   :-[
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 10:34:32 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2024, 08:48:09 PM »
Threw mine away as I wanted the space for a spacesaver wheel. I found that the associated tools,needed for a wheel change after a puncture, could be accommodated within the wheels void. Think loft insulation for a rattle free journey.

HertsHonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT 2017
« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:26:18 AM »
The foam plastic insert gives support to the centre of (hardboard?) 'boot' floor panel.
Our used 2017 MK3 came with a full size spare, which sat on the boot floor. I removed the foam insert and found that a length of B&Q studding + timber cross bar, washer & nut would retain the spare in the floor well along with wrapped 'tools'.
The gap between the tyre and underside of the floor panal appears to have a slight front to back taper - so slight reinforcement is required for a flat floor.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:32:19 AM by HertsHonda »

jazzyb88

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: Today at 09:36:13 AM »
It’s quite bulky to courier.

I’m in no rush, see what turns up nearer you, perhaps I could meet you half way if you’re really stuck for one

I don’t come on this site very often so if you are interested, you could email me at gazbev@hotmail.com.

Cheers and good luck,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Just to come back to your post. Looking at the picture you attached, unfortunately, that's already what most people already have in their cars (myself included). That's the foam insert for cars with the tyre repair kit, there is another one designed for the space saver spare wheel which looks different to that one.

Hope that helps.

jazzyb88

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: Today at 09:37:36 AM »
Threw mine away as I wanted the space for a spacesaver wheel. I found that the associated tools,needed for a wheel change after a puncture, could be accommodated within the wheels void. Think loft insulation for a rattle free journey.

Loft insulation is a good idea. Or alternatively just making a support out of wood as the post further below yours suggests. Certainly seems a lot easier than trying to find a used one of these kits for sale which are almost non-existent.

jazzblack

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #14 on: Today at 01:27:12 PM »
I have (unused) one of the white foam covers as pictured in APHYRID's post 08.05.24.   I live in Chigwell Essex near J26 M25.  Email me rogerdmew@aol.com.

Tags: