Author Topic: SpareWheel in back  (Read 3657 times)

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4l Honda Jazz 2013 Toffee Apple Red - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
SpareWheel in back
« on: April 07, 2024, 12:32:40 AM »
Hi,Does anyone know if a full size wheel will fit in the covered bay in the back of the 2013 1.4 ? I have a damaged rim so im thinking of replacing front 2 which would leave me one good one to use as a spare.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: SpareWheel in back
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 07:42:19 AM »
If you enter 'spare wheel well' in the search field at the top of the page  you will find several previous threads on this, which also discuss  other things you might need to consider , such as a jack, wheel brace  and  the  special centre bolt to clamp the wheel down in the well.    But certainly worth the effort in view of the increase in potholes. 

IIRC the consensus is a full sized spare should fit in the well of a mk2 and some mk3's. But at some point during  mk3 production the depth of the well may have been reduced slightly. Deep enough for a space saver, but a full sized spare might protrude slightly so the boot floor is no longer completely flat. But not by much, and its not difficult to correct using a false floor of hardboard, thin ply or even cardboard.     Wheel circumference/diameter is never a problem  (except in the mk4 which as no spare wheel well at all ) .
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 03:48:52 PM »
i fitted a full size 15 inch spare in my mk1. removed the lower carpeted panel. made a template made a spare out of plypoard then cut the hole in the middle so the spare pops up through the top. carpeted the panel and purchased a spare wheel cover from ebay. same colour . cheap. looks ok and dont lose to much boot space

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 01:32:13 PM »
I can confirm it does in indeed. I bought a used wheel and tyre from Ebay for c£50. I checked the code on the tyre to confirm its age before buying, so I didn't end up with an ancient tyre.

Only needed it twice so far, and being full sized, normal speeds can be used.

Tags: