Author Topic: Sat nav position  (Read 1809 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Sat nav position
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:59:22 PM »
Hi
There does not seem to be a lot of space to install a sat nav on the small side window, there was more room on the mk2. Has anyone put a sat nav on the info screen in the middle of the dash successfully, not sure if it would put too much strain on the glass panel. Realising of course it would be difficult to operate the screen and end of the day it may be impractical anyway. The lump in the middle of the windscreen is too low for me to put it there either. Thanks.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Sat nav position
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »
You are right about suitable mounts for a free standing sat navs, if, like me, you don't like sticking to the windscreen. I use one of these bean bag things and it was fine in the Mk2 but there is no flat surface big enough on the MK 3. I have it perched (when in use) on the ledge just above the infotainment screen and it just about clings on but I'm looking for something more permanent.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 10:29:08 PM »
I've found that a sticky-backed plastic disc fits in the centre of the dashboard, and the Satnav can be mounted on that.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 07:14:07 AM »
It’s possible to use the driver’s side cup-holder if, like me, you don’t use that for anything else. You can get gadgets that sit in there either complete with their own flexible neck and device holder, or with a flat top so you can use a standard windscreeen suction mount. Plenty of options on Amazon, also direct links in other threads on this forum where others have asked the same question.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 08:19:44 AM »
I have a mount that clips into the left air vent. It has the advantage of providing some cooling for my phone which helps the battery.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »
I've found that a sticky-backed plastic disc fits in the centre of the dashboard, and the Satnav can be mounted on that.

Like these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-9A00-202-Adhesive-Dashboard-Mount-Black/dp/B001763SRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1535976191&sr=8-2&keywords=sat+nav+mounting+disc
Yes, those are the ones.  You get two, and after a few years I needed the second one, as it stays permanently in position and can get very hot in sun, which can affect the stickiness.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
Well my TomTom discs came today. I've put them on that little bit of level dash above the infotainment screen. I've tried them out with the sat nav - absolutely ideal solution - they could have been made for the Mk3. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tags:

anything