Author Topic: Where I place My Garmin Sat Nav whilst in Use In My Honda Mk3 Jazz CVT  (Read 7727 times)

guest7494

Good Morning, and a Very Pleasant Easter 2018 to all the members of this most excellent Forum.
I have read earlier posts regarding LOCATIONS OF SAT NAVS WHILST DRIVING.
I personally use the provided Garmin Suction Sticker and locate my Garmin Sat Nav attached to the top Right Hand Corner of the otherwise Useless info Screen of my Mk3 2017 Jazz CVT,  This enables me to see the clock as well, the power lead provide was very long so I have used a spare one with coiled wire this just drops straight down to power socket and is very neat.
Also very easy and quick to remove and put out of sight of any scrotes that are around.
This I find is very secure, non vibrating, and just right to glance at whilst driving and of course close enough to read if needs be.
I do not use this infotainment screen for anything else, so it is perfect for this Garmin Sat Nav.
and when using German Auto Routes to and from Munich and Nuremberg on occasions.
It is just out of sight below dash board level so does not incur the interest of the authorities.
 I have never so far lost Sat connections. No doubt I will receive some observations regarding this post and of course these will be read with interest.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
I mount my Garmin to the quarter light. I find that is nearer to the eye driving line yet it doesn't obscure my view of the road.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
I have a Mk2.And mount the Satnav
Just under the rear view mirror

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
I use a TomTom satnav. I had a Brodit mount from a previous car, it consists of a device mount and a vehicle mount. I modified the device mount with a piece of plastic used as a spacer so that it could be attached to the vertical divider between the centre dash vents with hot melt glue, this gives a solid mount and I detest a vibrating satnav. The TomTom clips to this vehicle mount. Brodit don't make a vehicle mount for the UK MK3 yet. The hot melt glue can be released with a drop of alcohol leaving no mark at trade in time.

This is the device mount I have used.

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/holder/TomTom+Start%2025-Brodit-Holder.asp
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 12:58:40 PM by Deeps »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Good Morning, and a Very Pleasant Easter 2018 to all the members of this most excellent Forum.
I have read earlier posts regarding LOCATIONS OF SAT NAVS WHILST DRIVING.
I personally use the provided Garmin Suction Sticker and locate my Garmin Sat Nav attached to the top Right Hand Corner of the otherwise Useless info Screen of my Mk3 2017 Jazz CVT,  This enables me to see the clock as well, the power lead provide was very long so I have used a spare one with coiled wire this just drops straight down to power socket and is very neat.
Also very easy and quick to remove and put out of sight of any scrotes that are around.
This I find is very secure, non vibrating, and just right to glance at whilst driving and of course close enough to read if needs be.
I do not use this infotainment screen for anything else, so it is perfect for this Garmin Sat Nav.
and when using German Auto Routes to and from Munich and Nuremberg on occasions.
It is just out of sight below dash board level so does not incur the interest of the authorities.
 I have never so far lost Sat connections. No doubt I will receive some observations regarding this post and of course these will be read with interest.

When reading this post I was very much aware of today's date! ;D

That said, it has crossed my mind to stick my sat nav to the infotainment screen - no seriously. I have one of those bean bag type mounts which fitted on the Mk2 dash very well but I can't find a suitable place on the Mk3 dash apart from the passenger side where I can hardly see it.

I am seriously looking for the following:

1) A scrote proof location.
2) A permanent location.
3) Some sort of cable management system - I hate the charge wire dangling all over the place.

Quite interested in Deeps' suggestion but I need better pictures.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
In my link the part of the mount with holes has a spacer glued to its back the same height as the vent divider. This is glued to the divider, the satnav can be removed and replaced at will. A 1 metre USB cable (£1 in a £ shop) just reaches from the satnav to the power socket after being hooked around the steering columns adjuster lever.

guest7494

• Topic Starter
reply to peteo48
Regarding your requirements of numbers 1.2.and 3
A scrote proof location.not sure if such a thing exists anymore must not upset the little darlings.
A permanent location could be as i suggested,I just hang my cap on it when vacating car most times.
Regarding Cable management I use a very short black curly cable power lead into power socket as this is directly below sat nav it merges into background and is virtually invisible.
Give it a go and see what you think.It works for me a treat.
visibilty spot on,no vibration,and if needs be a very quick removal.
My Flat cap disguises the sat nav quite well

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Got the flat cap - just need the short and curlies :P

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
I have a mounting bracket that fixes to the air vents. I use my phone for sat nav. The bracket provides a convenient position without blocking the screen and also provides cooling for my phone.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
In reply to Jaffa Jazz, I'm delighted he's found a use for the infotainment screen.  I might just try it instead of mounting my Garmin suction pad to the sticky-backed disc I've fixed on top of the dash.  However, my Garmin is so old, I think my Irish Tweed flat cap is of greater value.....

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Where I place My Garmin Sat Nav whilst in Use In My Honda Mk3 Jazz CVT
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 10:25:45 PM »
I use one of these dashboard mounts https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Dashboard-Magellan-Portable-Navigators/dp/B0051FWA7U. One advantage is that it's quick and easy to put the satnav plus mount out of sight in the driver's footwell when the vehicle is parked. When in use the satnav is on the dashboard left of the car centreline so it doesn't interfere with the driver's view.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 07:56:54 AM »
I have tried one of the "bean bag" mounts, they are versatile but not being a rigid mount the satnav can vibrate. Not acceptable for me. Also you have to make sure the passenger airbag is not going to launch it should it deploy.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 10:08:34 AM »
I have glued a circle of plastic to the top of the supplied cup/ashtray which fits in the RH cup holder.
The Sat Nav is then stuck to it with the normal suction mount.
The power cable is routed behind the steering wheel and down to the power socket.
This, I believe gives a tidy installation which looks part of the car.
The attached photo shows the general layout.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 11:07:39 AM »
Mine is similar to this. It fits on the right middle air vent. Out of the line of sight but easy to glance at.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:31:39 PM by andruec »

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 02:23:47 PM »
I use my phone for navigation so use one of these in the driver’s side cup holder:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YLREM2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
No need to do any gluing.

I have glued a circle of plastic to the top of the supplied cup/ashtray which fits in the RH cup holder.
The attached photo shows the general layout.
Interesting picture, my Mk3 looks different to that, I have a different arrangement of switches for the Cruise Control/Speed Limiter. Nor did I get a “supplied cup/ashtray”, I’ve been short-changed.

Tags:

anything