Author Topic: Is there any ignition-switched +12volts available near the Jazz rear window?  (Read 4597 times)

davengk

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz I-VTEC EX CVT '65' Reg.
I already have a front-viewing Dash-Cam and would like to fit a second one to view out of the rear window.

Can anyone tell me if there is an ignition-switched battery supply located anywhere near the rear of a '12' reg Jazz I-VTEC EX CVT that I could access and connect to in order to power a second camera? 

The adjacent internal boot light does have continuous battery power available so I could utilise that with a manual switch, but would prefer a more elegant solution if one was available.

Any thoughts anyone ?

Many thanks -  Dave.

guest1372

The purple into pin 1 of the rear wiper motor plug is an IG1 switched supply fused at 10A,  should be handy for the type of camera that sits above the number plate, probably OK for a self contained internal camera.
There is a possibility of electrical noise from the motor but a decent 12V to 5V converter should handle it.
Wiring diagram:
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/en/html_en/000000000002101.html
--
TG

davengk

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Thank you so much for the speedy response. You've told me exactly what I need to know. 

All the best  -  Dave.

davengk

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
I've been told where to find the switched supply that I need but I now have to access it.

Any guidance on how to get to the rear wiper motor assembly will be most welcome. 

I assume that the trim covering the rear door will need to be removed (how?) unless someone can suggest an easier way.

TIA - Dave

guest1372

At that same site: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html navigate to Body > Wipers/Washers > Wiper motor replacement. Then follow link 'Open the tailgate, and remove the tailgate lower trim panel.' under the rear window section.

A wallpaper scraper or filler knife can be handy when trying to get fingers behind the panel & a sharp tug sometimes beats sustained pressure.

The wiring could also be found at the grommet by the hinge or behind the boot trim panel on the driver's side before it reaches the tailgate if easier.
--
TG

davengk

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Thanks again TG.  I'll give it a go tomorrow.

All the best  -  Dave.

Tags: