Author Topic: OK - Anti Roll Bar Drop Links - Why Two Different Types Listed for Same Vehicle?  (Read 5845 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
It would seem that the best way to buy drop links is to have a check on your can and see what is fitted, before buying anything.
Both of mine are now changed, so hopefully they will see me out!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
On eBay right now and it appears that the "2 x FOR HONDA JAZZ II MK2 04-2008 FRONT PAIR STABILISER ANTI ROLL BAR DROP LINKS" are not square but slightly offset?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-FOR-HONDA-JAZZ-II-MK2-04-2008-FRONT-PAIR-STABILISER-ANTI-ROLL-BAR-DROP-LINKS/291550647341?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AJazz%7CCars+Year%3A2007&hash=item43e1c5d42d:g:KVMAAOSwUqBbRcOy

Those are the right ones for the later car - slightly offset. Early droplinks have the joints roughly at right angles.

I fitted a cheap Borg & Beck (same as Firstline factor parts) a while ago, seems to be holding up okay.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
I'll give them a shout in the morning I guess.
Tell them it is the 8967/8 part. Their computer may throw up the other numbers (that's what happened with me). Luckily I was working with them at the time so I just changed them.
Cost me £23.45 for the pair.

gtd2000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Tell it as it is..NOT how it should be!
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz
Called TMS but they want £22~£26 for a single drop link.

Was looking at Rock Auto in the USA (used to live there) they're only £6 ish...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:13:38 AM by gtd2000 »

gtd2000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Tell it as it is..NOT how it should be!
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz

Those are the right ones for the later car - slightly offset. Early droplinks have the joints roughly at right angles.

I fitted a cheap Borg & Beck (same as Firstline factor parts) a while ago, seems to be holding up okay.

Sounds like for other folks changing their drop links they need to pay attention to the various configurations.

The drop link I ordered suggested it's a 2004 model onwards but Jocko has a 2006 and uses the offset variety.

This is the first time I've seen such a difference for essentially the same car, perhaps I've just been lucky in the past?

Tags:

anything