Author Topic: DAB aerial placement  (Read 1437 times)

Andy.E

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz EX CVT
DAB aerial placement
« on: October 01, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »
I’m not sure if this has been covered before but it might be useful to someone.

I recently upgraded my head unit so that, amongst other things, I had digital radio.  With that radio I got a DAB aerial that is self adhesive and is designed to be stuck to the inside of the windscreen.  A Connects2 CT27UV70 to be precise.

After fitting the radio I thought I would experiment with the aerial placement and first of all tried taping it to the front quarter glass of my 2015 Jazz EX.  Awful reception, so I tried the front windscreen.  Significantly better but not great.  I started to get a bit despondent and had heard that signal can be tricky with these types of aerial.  Finally dismantled the car a bit more and tried it stuck to the inside of the panoramic glass roof.  Bingo!!  After a few days I didn’t lose signal once and have now bonded it permanently in place.

So in summary if you are using one of these internal, stick on type aerials and have a panoramic roof, I would recommend placing it there.  It is unobtrusive, doesn’t affect the operation of the sun blind and gave the best signal for me.

I’ll admit that I haven’t ventured far from home with it yet but it was markedly better than the main windscreen for signal strength.

Tags:

anything