Author Topic: Infotainment shortcomings (again) !  (Read 2202 times)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
Infotainment shortcomings (again) !
« on: September 11, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »
Had my Jazz mk3 for 12 months now ( due for first service soon ).
I still get irritated when I see those cheesy car adverts on tv where the driver taps the screen and all sorts of magical things happen !
All mine seems to do is display messages telling me tasks that it can't perform.
"THE SYSTEM IS NOT RESPONDING. DO YOU WANT TO CLOSE IT.....WAIT / YES"  is the most frequent.
Apart from radio,  CD and mobile phone nothing else seems possible even though there is a Honda app center available on the screen but I can't get that either.
Am I hoping for too much ?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Infotainment shortcomings (again) !
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »
"THE SYSTEM IS NOT RESPONDING. DO YOU WANT TO CLOSE IT.....WAIT / YES" 
Plenty of discussion of that here:
http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7624.0
It's a fault: some new purchasers are being assured that it's now been fixed, but at present there doesn't seem to be a software update that cures it for cars already out in the wild. Please tell your dealer if you haven't already done so, the more people that report it the greater the chance that Honda might consider doing something about it.

... there is a Honda app center available on the screen but I can't get that either.
The App Center (sic) is supposed to be the app store from which you can download all sorts of exciting things. It requires the car to be connected to the internet, either using a fixed wi-fi or over 3G/4G via a phone. But I shouldn't bother, last time I looked there were only two apps there anyway, one of which was the A-Ha thing which is already installed.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
Re: Infotainment shortcomings (again) !
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »
We have had ours about a year also. Only problem we had with the infotainment is loosing the reversing camera lines. If you leave the screen to go blank after starting up, don't use the satnav or radio it works fine and you can't see the error messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: