Author Topic: Rear child seat and sticky seat belt grrrrr  (Read 983 times)

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Rear child seat and sticky seat belt grrrrr
« on: April 10, 2023, 09:25:05 AM »
not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem. i have 2 child seats in the back of my mk 1 jazz for the grandkids . one is isofix so no problems . the other is  the type that has the rear belt securing the child via the belt slipping through a bracket on the side of the seat. more often than not the rear belt keeps locking up when trying to pull it across . damn pain . if the seats out and belt not attached it works fine.. its deffo effected by the angle the belts laying but leads to many minutes messing around with the damn thing
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 09:41:35 AM by fashionphotography »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Rear child seat and sticky seat belt grrrrr
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 10:12:20 AM »
I have had inertia reel seatbelts in the past  that were temperamental to the angle they were pulled out . Especially if you try to pull it out too fast.  With adults,not a childs seat.
I cant visualise exactly how your child seat operates . But would it not work better if rather than attempting to cross the childs lap whilst simultaneously  unreeling  you unreeled sufficient length vertically before crossing to buckle it up?  .  Any excess should rewind itself once buckled up.      If you've tried this and it doesnt work or its not possible , I cant see any other solution .

I did think of feeding the eldest grandchild Easter eggs until large enough not to need  a booster seat.  But I suppose the youngest will also grow until the booster seat is needed again. ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 10:17:35 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 10:14:22 AM »
It is doing what it is supposed to do. Pull the belt out completely then while holding it at the retractor to stop it from slipping back, feed it through the child seat.

fashionphotography

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 07:47:23 AM »
pulling it out completely is what i have to do. but thats the issue. no matter what angle its a pain to just get it released . its best if i can get it retracted as much as possible then it will release.  but as i say if the seats out and using the belt for adults its fine. but the belt has to slide in to a zigzag plastic slot on the child seat and thats a pain in itself lol getting that in and out lol

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 08:38:49 AM »
I’m just amazed your Jazz has Isofix. My 2005 SE doesn’t have it which means I can’t move our child seat between the Jazz and the RAV4.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 09:47:09 AM »
My 2006 S had Isofix as far as I am aware.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 09:54:40 AM by Jocko »

fashionphotography

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 08:13:30 PM »
I’m just amazed your Jazz has Isofix. My 2005 SE doesn’t have it which means I can’t move our child seat between the Jazz and the RAV4.

mines 07

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 07:33:02 PM »
My 04 has them installed.

Tags: