Author Topic: Specification query  (Read 906 times)

Lizdad20

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Looking for Jazz
Specification query
« on: May 07, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »
My 30-something daughter is interested in a 2018 or 2019 Jazz auto,  she particularly liked the road sign recognition feature.  Is it standard on any model or only an "extra" .  Would she have to buy an "EX" model or would "SE" have this feature? If the SE has road sign recognition,  what extras does EX have over SE?

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Specification query
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 03:16:44 PM »
Traffic sign recognition is on the SE.
Ex has keyless entry
Auto Aircon
Front fog lights
Rear privacy glass
16 inch alloys
Parking camera
and some more bits and pieces.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
she particularly liked the road sign recognition feature
Don't want to piss on her chips, but I have had this on a few cars now and for me it really is the definition of a pointless gadget. And I love me gadgets. All I am saying is don't overspend on a car to just to get this one feature.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 06:53:42 PM »
she particularly liked the road sign recognition feature
Don't want to piss on her chips, but I have had this on a few cars now and for me it really is the definition of a pointless gadget. And I love me gadgets. All I am saying is don't overspend on a car to just to get this one feature.
I find it to be an 80% useful feature. Sometimes I'm not sure what the current speed limit is and can check what sign the car last saw (as long as it wasn't too long ago). However, I've deducted 20% from the score because it sometimes gets confused, such as by reading a speed limit sign when driving past an exit to a roundabout.

Overall, I think the SE is the spec which provides the best balance between features and cost.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

RayS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 07:03:40 PM »
I find on my Jazz, that while the Speed Limit sign reconigition works in most of the time, the road sign reconigition feature has only functioned once since I purchased the car in September.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 07:55:49 PM »
[Sometimes I'm not sure what the current speed limit is and can check what sign the car last saw (as long as it wasn't too long ago).
If you can see street lights, it’s 30mph unless there are repeaters telling you otherwise. If you’re on a motorway, it’s 70mph unless restrictions are in place or a smart motorway. Pretty much everywhere else it’s 60mph unless there are repeaters. I’m sure someone will correct me.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 08:18:23 AM »
I find on my Jazz, that while the Speed Limit sign reconigition works in most of the time, the road sign reconigition feature has only functioned once since I purchased the car in September.
99% of the time it picks up speed limit signs but the only other sign mine has picked up (over two cars in 4 years) is the no overtaking sign.

I find it to be an 80% useful feature. Sometimes I'm not sure what the current speed limit is and can check what sign the car last saw (as long as it wasn't too long ago). However, I've deducted 20% from the score because it sometimes gets confused, such as by reading a speed limit sign when driving past an exit to a roundabout.
I agree John.  There are more and more 40 and 50 limits in my area and it is easy to lose track.

There are limitation to the system as John indicates.  It is also susceptible to sunlight conditions.

If you are considering using it in conjunction with the intelligent speed limiter, you may like to search the forum as there are numerous points of view on that.  But to summarise, it is an aid to driving and not a replacement.  Ultimately it is your responsibility to drive within the law as any magistrate will be quick to tell you.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 12:09:22 PM »

I find it to be an 80% useful feature. Sometimes I'm not sure what the current speed limit is and can check what sign the car last saw (as long as it wasn't too long ago).

The same for me.

Tags:

anything