Author Topic: Spoilers  (Read 1168 times)

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
Spoilers
« on: September 19, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »
I'm 95% sure, but can anyone else confirm that the spoiler on the sport (GK5) will NOT fit the non-sports (GK3) due to the spoiler on the GK3 is built into the bootlid and is not a bolt on bolt off spoiler like the GK5.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
Re: Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:45:47 PM »
The sports spoiler does look like it may fit the non sport models but I cannot be certain. The sport spoiler seems to be a plastic component which is attached to the smaller metal spoiler which is part of the tailgate. The attached photo was taken in my garage so is not very clear but you can see the two parts referred to above.

The Honda accessory catalogue does list a spoiler for non sport models at £335 fitted inc vat but it is not clear if this is the same part that is fitted to the sport model.

thehazzard

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »
The sports spoiler does look like it may fit the non sport models but I cannot be certain. The sport spoiler seems to be a plastic component which is attached to the smaller metal spoiler which is part of the tailgate. The attached photo was taken in my garage so is not very clear but you can see the two parts referred to above.

The Honda accessory catalogue does list a spoiler for non sport models at £335 fitted inc vat but it is not clear if this is the same part that is fitted to the sport model.

Now that's a revelation to me and I'm now onto breakers for a sport spoiler! Any chance of unbolting it and taking a photo of what the spoiler that is on the bootlid looks like? I.e where the bolt holes are how and hows attached?

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
There are three screws visible but I think that these only retain the black plastic trim under the main spoiler. I am reluctant to do any dismantling but I imagine that the spoiler is attached to the tailgate with approx four screws.

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »
I have taken a picture of the underside of the spoiler to help explain my previous post.

Robbie MkII

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.5 i-VTEC SportNavi 2018
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 06:26:20 PM »
There are three screws visible but I think that these only retain the black plastic trim under the main spoiler. I am reluctant to do any dismantling but I imagine that the spoiler is attached to the tailgate with approx four screws.
Yes, I can just hear my better half now if she saw me trying to dismantle the Jazz!
 :o  ;D

Tags:

anything