Author Topic: 2009 mk II lifespan  (Read 1623 times)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: 2009 mk II lifespan
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2021, 02:59:37 PM »
...My mkII 1.4 did 11 years & 145,000 miles. 2010 plate

It had usual servicing and wear/tear item replacement plus tyres etc... but the only extra item was an aircon compressor after 5 years, although the aircon was on everyday so that wasn't undue. The replacement was 'used' and that was working fine when the car was p/ex'd in October.
Small rust evidence on offside rear wheel arch and a few car park scratch injuries but original shocks and exhaust etc.

Hondas see to give their age away more with creaks and rattles inside the cabin than anything mechanical so I wouldn't be worried really about them soldiering on :)

Keekster71

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: 2009 mk II lifespan
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 07:20:14 PM »
I’ve owned 4 jazz 1.4l so far. The first 3 were mk1 models. The only problem I’ve had is rust rust rust. I live in Scotland where we salt the roads 6 months a year. The lack of paint underneath is the problem. My current car is a 2008 mk2 Japanese import called a fit. It has 10k miles on it, has zero rust, and cost me £4500. It was worth every penny. I like it so much I’m going to get another for the wife. I’ve had the car underseal To stop it rusting and insurance was just the same as a uk car, even though I ticked the ‘import’ box. Why, cause theres a uk equivalent model.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was never meant that we should venture far." H P Lovecraft

Tags: