Author Topic: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available  (Read 30458 times)

HertsHonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX I-VTEC CVT 2017
Re: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2024, 06:29:06 PM »
Finally a message from Garmin re map updates, as follows:

"Dear Customer,
...... Unfortunately, I get offered City Navigator Europe 2023 on Garmin Express at a cost of 21 which I don't think is any improvement on what I've got loaded at the moment!  Looks like the end of the road for map updates on my 2017 Jazz.

I find using my Android (Sony Xperia XA2) Smart Phone and Waze app works. (other apps available) and constantly updated.
Managed to use Bluetooth to enable audio instructions to play though the infotainment system and car speakers.
Downside ~ physically attaching phone to dash / screen - Yet to try suggestions made elsewhere on this forum.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2024, 04:11:10 AM »
I'm also being offered 2024.11 but I don't see the point as I've never used the built in mapping as without any traffic info it's useless in comparison to Google Maps
Let's be careful out there !

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2024, 10:50:03 AM »
spoke to Garmin this week for an update , a helpful guy , Leo , looked into the situation again.

He confirmed that , depending on model and year ie. which head unit , updates are no longer available because there is not enough room in the unit's memory and there is not likely to be a fix.

My 2018 is one of them but , like others have mentioned , Google Maps is much better so not too bothered. 

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2024, 11:55:40 AM »
On the Garmin standalone units the 'replace' the maps each time

From posts I've seen they just 'add' to what's already there hence why the MyMaps shows all downloaded years
Let's be careful out there !

dayjavoo

• Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2024, 05:24:39 PM »
..... My 2018 is one of them but , like others have mentioned , Google Maps is much better so not too bothered.

I'm quite disappointed since I like the Garmin navigation on the big infotainment screen.  For my typical journeys, traffic info is not particularly critical so I've never felt the lack of it.  I tried Google maps on my smartphone in a previous non-satnav Toyota but could never find a convenient place to position the phone, let alone the tangle of an extra wire if I needed to plug it in. I guess I will soldier on with 2023 mapping until it leads me seriously astray!

Tags: