Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: To buy new or not
« Last post by Cobb2 on July 12, 2024, 01:27:23 PM »
I agree with some of the comments here - buying nearly new - especially low mileage demonstrators from an official dealer can usually work out much cheaper - thats been my experience with various cars including the Honda Jazz. Of course you may have less choice in colours - but you might be lucky.  If its from a dealer (new or demonstrator) it could be worth buying from further away rather than locally since the manufacturer's warranty should be the same and you may find more competitive pricing or at least be able to negotiate locally. My advice would also be to try and negotiate an extended warranty and service package if possible - the extended warranty can be particularly useful since modern cars ( Hondas since 2020 ) have many electronics that can be costly to repair. I'm not sure if Honda still offer 5 year warranties included with their cars ( which they have done sometimes) but its worth asking. Good luck with your search.
There are posts building where some dealers are almost walking away from any problems

Maybe we need a dealers thread with good and bad

I'm not going back to Honda Reading for this years service due to adverse reports on 3 Honda forums I frequent
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Touch or Knob Heater Controls
« Last post by dayjavoo on July 12, 2024, 12:48:09 PM »
@UKjim
@Beanbag
@ColinB

Thanks for your comments. Looks as if it's a matter of living with Touch.
OR
Set at start of journey and adjust while statationary / co-driver assist.

By the way, I guess the Climate Control function is more economical than Air Con? ~ maybe that's the solution for a distraction free drive?

Well, that's the whole idea of climate control.  Switch it to 'AUTO' , set internal temperature and let it do its stuff. Some recommend opening the windows in a car left standing in the sun to cool it off more quickly but you would probably do that with basic air-con as well.  The only problem I have with touch control is that an inadvertent brush of the fingers can easily alter the set temperature by a degree or so.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Touch or Knob Heater Controls
« Last post by HertsHonda on July 12, 2024, 12:03:14 PM »
@UKjim
@Beanbag
@ColinB

Thanks for your comments. Looks as if it's a matter of living with Touch.
OR
Set at start of journey and adjust while statationary / co-driver assist.

By the way, I guess the Climate Control function is more economical than Air Con? ~ maybe that's the solution for a distraction free drive?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Drivers seat
« Last post by UKjim on July 12, 2024, 11:20:48 AM »
I may have found the answer but im not sure yet for certain
Is this it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has the dealership left the  car overnight on site and an experienced technician been the first to hear it start up  and run at its worst?

A few members on this site have reported that the Mk4 Jazz can sometimes run a bit more roughly and noisily than normal for a period  when first started.  I've sometimes noticed a slight difference myself, although i certainly wouldnt describe it as juddering or shaking the whole car. Just slightly less smooth and quiet than it usually is.  And very occasionally the opposite happens. The car doesnt need to start the ICE  at all on a morning start and I can drive off immediately in silent EV mode.  That can be a  bit disconcerting as well   :-\

If the technicians have only ever heard the engine start   after its already been recently running, such as when moved into the workshop , they might be wondering what you are complaining about  .  They might think the same about the tailgate  if they havnt taken the car for a test run.     

Not all staff are skilled at dealing with disgruntled customers and might have hoped you would go away  and leave them in peace with vague promises that   'Honda will look into it'   rather than say what they really think ,such as "They all do that'  .

It might be difficult to arrange  but ideally the car should be left overnight   then only started when both you  and a Honda mechanic are present to witness  and agree on whether its what you normally hear, or what Honda can claim is normal.

You could also  try going to a dealership who has a used jazz in stock  and listen to that starting up. Go soon after they open  to increase the likely hood it has stood all night and not yet started.    If yours is clearly worse then it adds to your evidence that something is wrong and someone needs to take responsibility for fixing it.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: To buy new or not
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on July 12, 2024, 06:37:08 AM »
My Advance Sport was a demonstrator about 4 months old with 2k miles. I got around 3k off list and it came with 5 year servicing, I found it on Autotrader. I find that ex--demos rarely have any problems so I would have a look around before buying new.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: How long have you owned your Jazz?
« Last post by c.lday44 on July 11, 2024, 10:33:44 PM »
She's had that 2006 almost as long as I've been alive, impressive! I've had mine (57 reg SE) since a week after passing my test, purchased 7th November 2022 (collected 8th)
I wonder if it could be something to do with the catalytic convertor ? Maybe the matrix element has broken so it causes a vibration only when cold ? Sound in cars can travel in funny ways so it can be quite hard to pin point its source ?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Drivers seat
« Last post by edam on July 11, 2024, 08:31:24 PM »
Im waiting for my local guys to ring me back BUT it may not be neccessary.
I think I know the answer and its a bit of a own goal
I have spent 3.75p which may fix the problem
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything