Author Topic: Finnish Skyride Blue Jazz 1.5 Dynamic  (Read 31798 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: Finnish Skyride Blue Jazz 1.5 Dynamic
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2021, 06:46:24 AM »
I'm not very fond of the GK Jazz standard centre armrest console and closed storage under it. I like more lower and open console so that it's easier put and get stuff and it'd be possible to reach rear floor when driving.

I found out that Canadian DX trim GK Fit has such console with par number 83401-T5R-A01ZA as seen one on the picture below. After rather long research I finally found a source and way to get it to Finland with reasonable shipping costs. It will take several months, but it should be here next spring. I just need to invent a smart way to mount the seat heater switches to the new console.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 06:48:49 AM by TnTkr »

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2021, 09:13:06 AM »
Beautiful!
Neil Ives

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2021, 12:14:41 PM »
After couple of days the shop informed me that the part is discontinued so they cannot deliver. Search continues...  :(

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2022, 09:28:53 AM »
Some days ago we made a 800 km (500 mile) road trip with trailer to collect some timber from eastern Finland. Here is the combination ready for the trip, just need to unplug the block heater.

And this is the load. 6,5 mē of 50 mm thick hand hewn timber panels. Total mass of the trailer and load is about 450 kg, which is the maximum un-braked trailer mass for the Jazz.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2022, 10:42:03 AM »
That's a real trailer load, I'd have had to think about towing it twice even with my old Subaru Legacy. Great photos once again.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2022, 01:57:38 PM »
As I mentioned the load is within Jazz's allowed towing mass and I tow stuff quite regularly, so it's not any problem. Especially in summer conditions.

Only thing why this wasn't my favourite trip was that you need to remember in every crossing and roundabout that you are towing a trailer. Take it super carefully during and after every turn until the combination is straight. Otherwise the trailer starts sliding and it can endanger others or even hit the rear corner of your own car. I learned it from one crash years ago when my empty trailer hit the rear corner of a parked car.

Originally I planned to collect the timber with my light truck, but it's in garage waiting for spares to arrive from abroad.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 02:01:54 PM by TnTkr »

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »
After couple of days the shop informed me that the part is discontinued so they cannot deliver. Search continues...  :(
I have now ordered the part from JDM Yamato from Japan. It has different product number because it is intended to JDM GK4 FIT, so let's see if the colour is different. Anyway I got so annoyed to this armrest and storage obstructing the access to rear footwell, that I really wanted to get that low and open console. When the console arrives I must develop a place for seat heater switches.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:37:32 AM by TnTkr »

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2022, 07:26:58 AM »
Couple weeks ago we made a holiday trip with Jazz to up north: Northern Norway and Finnish Lapland. Having four people and packages on the road for one week requires some discipline regarding the amount of stuff carried with, because the trunk is rather small. Especially footwear for hiking consumes a lot of space.

We cheated a bit and put the car into the train for the first 800 km and slept in the cabin for that night.

Crossing the border between Finland and Norway.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 10:44:52 AM by TnTkr »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2022, 08:42:40 AM »
...Great looking car  8)

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2022, 06:48:07 AM »
Does anybody know where the Jazz's outside temperature sensor is actually located?
I have recently found information that the outside temperature sensor is located in front of the car behind the lower grille. Can anyone verify that?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2022, 06:55:36 AM »
Does anybody know where the Jazz's outside temperature sensor is actually located?
I have recently found information that the outside temperature sensor is located in front of the car behind the lower grille. Can anyone verify that?

Yes it is behind the front bumper in the lower grille area.

80525-T2F-A01 is the part number.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2022, 07:02:00 AM »
Thank you!

Mine is working fine, but I wanted to know the location in order to better understand some peculiar readings. I can now see why it shows couple of degrees too much after using engine block (coolant) heater on cold but still mornings. And also why the reading is so high when driving on hot sun baked paved road.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2022, 06:14:28 PM »
New open center console arrived this week, and it looks very good. It just needs to wait for a while until I got time to install it.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2022, 08:52:10 AM »
I have genuine Honda accessory wheels (i.e. dealer option) for winter tyres. Since new I have been thinking they look a bit boring. I bought Honda hubcaps with red emblem, which I have on summer wheels, but they do not fit to the centre bore. This autumn I decided to paint the background with enamel paint to see if that will work. It looks nice, but only time will tell if the paint resists weather and washing.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:56:02 AM by TnTkr »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2022, 03:33:10 PM »
I dont know why TnTkr   but I imagined you as a bit of an  Ari Vatanen .  But there you are doing some relatively normal stuff, albeit in arctic conditions we soft southerners  have nightmares about. ???    A bit of both maybe.

Your vehicle number plate  is very short. Is it valuable in Finland?
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything