Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by pauly58 on April 11, 2024, 02:24:00 PM »
Small claims court for me if mine goes this way, I'm sure the judge will prick his ears up at the mention of brake failure. Honda are going to lose a lot of goodwill over this, it's only a matter of time before the media start to run with the story.
In Car Entertainment / Re: Jazz Infotainment System Failure
« Last post by Chis52 on April 11, 2024, 02:06:09 PM »
I have had 7 Hondas over the years and always found them very reliable. Not any more, as soon as my brake failure is fixed, at great personal expense as it is 6 months out of warranty, I will be trading it in for a Kia. It may not be any more reliable but at least they have a 7 year warranty.
« Last post by peteo48 on April 11, 2024, 02:04:50 PM »
Just to register my support for those affected and who are now escalating the issue. I bought my car in October 2021 so not sure if it is likely to be affected but it's a nagging worry. Not what you buy a Honda for. The response from Honda UK and many dealers is beyond awful.

I'm fortunate in that, if my car had to be off the road for an extended period, I could manage but many people depend on their cars and the costs of car hire are not trivial to say the least.
« Last post by Chis52 on April 11, 2024, 01:57:59 PM »
I am a member of Which? and I have just sent them details of the brake problem and Honda’s pathetic response. I am now going to compose a similar message to BBC Watchdog. I don’t think Honda will take any proper action until they are named and shamed.
« Last post by Spodric on April 11, 2024, 01:47:23 PM »
Tinny's post about being banned is gobsmackingly awful. Getting legal advice on suing that Honda dealer would be my next move. The dealer deserves it.

Update:

I had to chase them because they are not keeping me informed, but Bath Honda told me today they haven't received the part that was due yesterday. It is now looking like Tuesday next week before they will receive it. The repair of my Jazz will get "priority" as soon as they have the part. Why am I not going to hold my breath ...?

Meanwhile I have extended my car hire until next Wednesday. It is difficult to keep track of the hire cost over the phone, but I estimate that I have racked up over £700 so far.
In Car Entertainment / Re: Jazz Infotainment System Failure
« Last post by NewcastleHibby on April 11, 2024, 01:08:55 PM »
Have you tried a forced reboot? Press and hold the audio power and menu buttons together until it reboots (about 5 seconds)

Yes. First thing I did after reading about other people's problems. Also took fuse out and disconnected the battery negative earth before going to Honda. As above, the tech has said it is a hardware failure.

« Last post by Kremmen on April 11, 2024, 01:04:42 PM »
Banned for complaining is disgusting. Not what I would expect from a Honda dealership

Name and shame ?
« Last post by Tinny on April 11, 2024, 12:54:51 PM »
My first post.  Pleased to have found you all.

The brake simulator on my 2020 Honda Jazz failed on 10 February and took 5 weeks to repair.  It was 6 weeks out of warranty and had done less than 10,000 miles. Honda Uk gave me a 40% discount.  I paid because I needed to get the repair carried out as quickly as possible.

I took the issue up with the Honda dealership but they were totally unsympathetic.  No courtesy car was offered and there were no updates from them during the five weeks.  When the car was returned to me there was an issue with the steering and I have been back to the dealership several times.  The dealership does not have a complaints process. 

Amongst other things, they told me that it’s very common for low mileage cars to have faults.

Yesterday I received a call from the owner of the dealership, who I have never met.  He told me that he had heard I was an unhappy customer, asked for brief deatils of the issues and then stated that I was now banned, together with my car, from ever going to any of the Honda dealerships he owns in the local area.  Total call time - less than 5 minutes.

I have emailed Honda uk for their comments.

Both Honda reliability and Honda customer service are seriously underperforming with regard to the brake simulator issue. It looks like the legal route is the only one that Honda will respond to.

Would be happy to be proved wrong.

« Last post by Marcow02 on April 11, 2024, 12:16:28 PM »
Does anyone know which buildyears of the mark4 Jazz have the potentiali brakeproblem?
Does a 2023 car still has the faulty part?
« Last post by peteo48 on April 11, 2024, 12:12:17 PM »
Don't know how relevant this is but, a 100 yards down the road from me, there was a Mk4 Jazz in Midnight Blue identical to mine but a bit older. There is now a brand new Yaris in the drive.

I saw the owner today and she was willing to talk to me. She said the Mk4 Jazz will be the last Honda she ever buys and, yes, she had the brake issue which she described as scary and expensive. Her car was off the road for six weeks. "I couldn't wait to get rid of the bloody thing" she said.

Honda need to do a full recall and quick.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]