Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Who should be the next British Prime Minister?
« Last post by JimSh on Today at 04:28:45 PM »

Who's running the country while Johnson is on holiday again and Truss and Sunak are fighting like rats in a sack?

Possibly the Deputy Prime Minister?

Brandon Lewis this morning  “You know as well as I do that as politicians and particularly in a role such as prime minister, even when you are not in the office in Downing Street you are working.”

This afternoon No 10 has now admitted that Boris Johnson will only work from his holiday in Greece if it is “urgent”, hours after former minister Brandon Lewis said the prime minister’s work ethic was not waning in the final days of his premiership.
However, Johnson’s official spokesman clarified that he would not be doing routine work as he was “on leave” and would only be contacted if there were “urgent decisions” to be taken.
“As is the way with prime ministers as you know, by virtue of their role they’ll obviously be kept informed on any urgent issues and make decisions particularly those [related to] national security for example,” he said. “If there were urgent decisions that required the PM’s input he will of course be involved in that.”

He said there were no major meetings scheduled for this week that would require Dominic Raab, the justice secretary, to deputise."

It's not as if there was anything important on like a war in Europe, a cost of living crisis, a heatwave possible flooding -----
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: the mystery of the Engine light
« Last post by embee on Today at 04:22:16 PM »
There are generally two types of fault, those which are "latching" and those "non-latching".

Latching are basically serious or significant issues, principally those which will cause emission control to be compromised. As the name suggests, these cause the MIL to come on and stay on (latch) until someone goes in and cancels it. The MIL stays on even if the original fault goes away on its own.

Non-latching are less significant faults, some which may compromise drivability or emission control to some extent but if the fault goes away (e.g. poor intermittent electrical connection, a sensor slightly out of range etc) and the system returns to normal operation the MIL can cancel on its own. A fault code may well still be stored in the ECU for future reference.

Sounds like you had a non-latching type fault, possibly a hot fuel handling issue for example, which once it cooled and sorted itself means the MIL has gone out again.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / the mystery of the Engine light
« Last post by fashionphotography on Today at 04:09:56 PM »
strange thing happened saturday .. had to do a 4 hour round trip to Oxfordshire and back to the west midlands.. as we all know it was damn hot.. had a trip to a nice pub by the thames for some grub. but when we left following our son inlaws honda civic 4 years old lol.. the trusty ol jazz had a sudden loss of oooomph . only slightly when accelerating from 3rd etc. anyway i then noticed the damn engine light had popped up glaring me in the face from the dash grrrr.. although the car seemed to run fine apart from a slight sluggish acceleration.. as my cat was stolen a couple of months back i put it down to maybe a cheapo aftermarket lamba sensor packing up.. anyway drove back to shropshire ok even on the motorway.. light was still on yesterday.. this morning refilled her up for the week ahead . as soon as we pulled out the garage i noticed the engine light had gone out.. ? been fine ever since .. freaky ?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: D or B!
« Last post by R2D3 on Today at 03:45:13 PM »

I saving energy by not using regenerative braking if i can coast instead[/quote]

How do you coast in an automatic?  Coasting implies holding the clutch in or being in neutral.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Front wide view camera startup failure
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 03:36:10 PM »
I will ask
When we were part of teh EU, we paid a fee part of which covered the costs of testing and setting up specifications and new laws for products.And we had minimal trade inspections for EU goods.

Now we have had Brexit: we have to fund all those ourselves and up spend on Border policing. Now any half sensible leader would have planned for that. Apparently not. See the mess at ports and airports. No plans etc.- some partially Covid.

And the right wingers complain Government spending is increasing.As the population grows older and we have to provide more inspectors, and increase in State spending is inevitable. But Ms Truss will reduce numbers...
I agree.

My while-you-wait service usually takes 3 or 4 hours so another 3 or 4 wouldn't be viable for me.

I'll wait for a call and have another bus ride somewhere.
Depends to what extent they can do both procedures at the same time.The recall  upgrade might take 3 hours if thats all you come in for,  but they  might be able to do the service oily bits  while its updating. 
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Dashcam Choice ?
« Last post by Toptek on Today at 02:09:29 PM »
On the MK3, the lighter socket is to the right of the console,  therefore I used 2 of the adhesive clips to secure the looped cable to the top of the underside then around the left until it gets to the glove box area.  The excess cable was wound up,  secured with wire wrap and popped behind the back of the console. Just been out for a drive,  no unexpected dash alerts and the camera appeared to make the right start up noise.
It's not a massive job, to me,  the worst bit is the transition from the corner of the roof over the plastic pillar trim. The rubber door seal trim can be a bit of a fiddle too but all in,  wit a bit of chin rubbing it was probably an hour of humming and ahhring.
I did my CRV a few years ago which was easier to the lack of windscreen plastic and access to the fuse box being straightforward for a hardwire kit which wasn't the same this time,  hence the pug in cable.
Also, it doesn't seem to be rattling anywhere at the moment.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Front wide view camera startup failure
« Last post by shufty on Today at 02:02:32 PM »
Please explain how I identify the build date from the VIN?

...10th letter shows model year

This link gives a lot more info...although it is an American Honda site

https://www.meadowvalehonda.ca/en/news/view/how-to-read-your-vin-number/63510

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: D or B!
« Last post by Neil Ives on Today at 01:49:12 PM »
D or B.  Lift off early, loose speed gradually with mild regeneration over a greater distance
This is simply not an option in busy urban traffic if you don't want to annoy your fellow road users.
You'd love following me  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10