Author Topic: Insurance Quote UK  (Read 646 times)

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
Insurance Quote UK
« on: August 09, 2023, 04:53:14 PM »
How should you answer the question of whether the vehicle has a tracker?

The Jazz is obvious because still working within the first year of free. However I did not bother to pay for the E after the first year, so it has a tracker but it is not activated on my phone.

If your car is stolen can or will Honda track it, even if you don't have a valid subsciption?

Or if you declare a tracker built in but you have not paid the subsciption is that a false statement on the insurance (I answered the E question as no, but presumably would get a very slight better quote from saying yes).

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Insurance Quote UK
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 05:20:58 PM »
My Honda+ vehicle locator is not a stolen vehicle tracker, it can be easily turned off by a user by just turning off location services in the start-up menu of the audio screen.

Insurance companies would look for Thatcham approved trackers.

5thcivic

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
Re: Insurance Quote UK
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »
I've just checked my Jazz insurance details and the tracker question is shown as a no by default, presumably going by their manufacturer details.

I still wonder if Honda could track a stolen car, even if the thief has the nous to turn off location services. Otherwise how does the SOS call work?

Insurance companies could make the question clearer as to the exact requirements.

Tags:

anything