Author Topic: Winding down windowns does not clear water  (Read 1273 times)

u587162

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport CVT
Winding down windowns does not clear water
« on: February 23, 2019, 09:00:20 PM »
Winding down the windows on my old Honda Jazz 56 plate car does not clear the moisture or water on both driver’s and passenger side windows in the mornings.

What would be the cause of the windows not being squeezed against the rubber seal? What can I do about it apart from manually doing it of course (or the mrs?!)

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: Winding down windowns does not clear water
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:22:13 AM »
I've noticed the same. There seems to be some crud accumulated there but I'm not having much success cleaning it out. Let you know if it makes a difference.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 10:22:32 AM »
Winding down the windows on my old Honda Jazz 56 plate car does not clear the moisture or water on both driver’s and passenger side windows in the mornings.

What would be the cause of the windows not being squeezed against the rubber seal? What can I do about it apart from manually doing it of course (or the mrs?!)

My Civic nor wifes MK2 Jazz do a very good job of clearing the window,  it seems as though when going down the window pulls away from the seal as soon as the upwards pressure is taken off and when going up the window does not actually touch seal until it is fully up and the last movement is a small outward push to seat window against seal.

The rubber seal is meant to seal the window against wind noise when the window is fully up I guess,  and not as a window wiper, makes sense not to have the seal rubbing all the way up and down and adding friction.  I think electric windows  draw about 3 amps normally with the guides in good shape,  sometimes when I wind windows up and bump them against the upper stop the engine will sort of stutter and pick up as though the alternator has drawn a bit of power and engine has speeded up to compensate.  The windows have a load sensing circuit in them in case they get stuck on the way up ( somebodies hand or head in the gap ) and will sense high current when motor stalls and reverse back down.  Jazz has 20 amp fuse for each window and 40 amp fuse feeding them off main supply.

I often wonder if I one of the few old school that still actually wipe excessive water off my windows, mirrors and headlights before getting into the car ? ( and look at the tyres    :o   ).

This is interesting and shows how important a decent battery on a vehicle is..
https://www.aa1car.com/library/electrical_amp_loads.htm
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:05:50 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 11:06:01 AM »
I've given them a good clean now and it makes no difference. I wonder if the rubber has lost some spring with age but agree they may never have wiped the windows.

I admit I go round wiping windows, mirrors and headlamps too.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Tags:

anything