Author Topic: Front Wiper Water Jets stopped working.  (Read 1113 times)

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
Front Wiper Water Jets stopped working.
« on: February 03, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »
My front wiper jets have stopped working - both of them. Leads me to think it could be the fuse?

To maybe save me some time could someone give me a few points to consider in diagnosing/approaching the problem.

There is not the usual jet motor noise when I move the wiper jet handle (?).

Also, im not sure but I might have piggy backed the dash cam fuse onto the front wiper jets - but cant remember - I will have to open it up and check.

Thanks in advance.

guest1372

Re: Front Wiper Water Jets stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »
Had to replace pump on mine, impeller and shaft parted company. You could hear the buzz but there was no action. Remove drivers wheel and arch liner for best access but you can be lazy and just about force an arm in there to get at it.
--
TG

JazzyJJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
I get no buzz so could that mean fuse? Im planning to look at it / fix it this week sometime.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 05:50:34 PM »
I get no buzz so could that mean fuse? Im planning to look at it / fix it this week sometime.

Front and rear washers share a fuse (F6 in the passenger fusebox), so if rear still works it is not the fuse - motors have been known to jam and a tap in the right place can free them.

Both front nozzles fed from same pump as well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: